Options

viveza

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited February 25, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi, any viveza users out there? I'm a big fan of their color efex filters and downloaded the trial version of viveza and pretty much like it. I'm also just starting to use Lightroom 2, and it seems LR has similar selective color/contrast/brightness adjustment capabilities using the wand. Any input?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,916 moderator
    edited February 25, 2009
    I moved this to the "Finishing School" which is where I think you'll find a better audience for the question.

Good luck with the new software and let us know how it goes.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Hi, any viveza users out there? I'm a big fan of their color efex filters and downloaded the trial version of viveza and pretty much like it. I'm also just starting to use Lightroom 2, and it seems LR has similar selective color/contrast/brightness adjustment capabilities using the wand. Any input?
    Thanks

If you have LR...the adjustment brush really makes the need for viveza (as nice as it is) not worth investing in IMO.

On the other hand...if you do a lot of massaging in PS...then it may be useful. The plugin is very capable...putting it's output on a seperate layer that can be brushed on or erased is quite nice.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited February 25, 2009
    I process files after importing via Lightroom 2, but I do not feel LR offers me the capabilities that Viveza offers, but that is partially because I use Viveza in Photoshop so that I can do it on a layer and then blend it into my image. I use the brushes in LR2, but they seem rather crude in my hands compared to what I can do in Photoshop with Viveza and ColorEfex Pro.ne_nau.gif

I do not use Viveza a lot, but there are times it really is very helpful. Some of its effects can also be done in LAB I'd bet
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin