A Tough Life

AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited February 25, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Yep our doggies (2 Scotties and a Husky) have a real tough life. This is Malcolm one of our Scotties. Trying different processing here not quite what I was hoping for but pretty close. Any suggestion, Tips on processing, composition or any other area greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking

Ray Still

malkiebw.jpg

Comments

• justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    First let me say I like it very much. Congrats on a very nice shot. If I look really hard for something I find one negative.
    the top is cropped a bit too tight.
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    I like the idea and the monochrome look. My main suggestion is to be sure to include the entire dog in the photo. Part of his backside/tail/feet are cut off--I notice it because I do this a lot! Sometimes, it works well, but not so much when the dog is your subject. Similarly, you might want to include the entire bean bag as well. If you try the shot from a different angle, this might not be necessary; but if you are shooting straight on, I think this particular one would work better if you had included the entire dog and chair.

Nice idea--I'd like to see some more! Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com