Just a Fly

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited February 25, 2009 in Holy Macro
This afternoon I was sitting outside on my back porch with a good cigar and a sweet adult beverage. I was reading a book and enjoying the 60-degree weather in St. Louis. Woohoo!

Well, I had my camera on the table with my 80-400 attached in case any exotic birds happened to settle near by. No birds. But a fly was attracted to my drink. So I thought: heck, why not? I ran in and got my 105 VR. The stupid thing was drunk with sugar (or something else) so he hardly moved while I shot. They are all handheld shots with available light. It was late afternoon so the sunlight was slanting in and not too harsh.

So go easy on me. I haven't had a chance to do much of this kind of shooting in the winter. I know these are not great shots, but they're a start for me. Please help me if you have any suggestions!

Just a Fly #1

480831644_FbMFm-L.jpg

Just a Fly #2

480831433_XMc8u-L.jpg

#3 - The other end of the little dude

480832183_R6qEg-L.jpg

#4 - Fly reading a book

480937649_BN4Ts-L.jpg
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    Wow! These are all great, but if I was ordered to choose a favorite at gunpoint, it'd be the first one: I love the abstract background made by the ridges in the glass. It's just a fantastic shot.

Very well done!! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather