Options

What do you think of this bike

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited May 28, 2005 in Holy Macro
What do you think of this bike my friend brought it out tonight he has 3 versions of it the racer ,road bike and this one i think it is a CL72 305cc Honda

23130547-M.jpg

23130548-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NHBubbaNHBubba Registered Users Posts: 342 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    I love those 70's Hondas! I learned on a '78 Honda Hawk 400 twin. Ours was in good shape (after some extensive work from my father and I), but not THAT good.. What a fun bike though. Light, simple, reliable, cheap!

My dream ride is a late 70's CB650. Basically 2x my Hawk. I saw one up in VT last year. It looked mint. I half considered camping out and trying to track the owner down to make him an offer..

After school I had money to burn (or so I thought!) and wanted more power. I upped to an '01 Suzuki Bandit 1200.. Which just happens to look very much like that blue bike parked to the right in both your shots! The B12 is nice, but nothing like the sheer fun-factor of those old Hondas!
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2005
    NHBubba wrote:
    I love those 70's Hondas! I learned on a '78 Honda Hawk 400 twin. Ours was in good shape (after some extensive work from my father and I), but not THAT good.. What a fun bike though. Light, simple, reliable, cheap!

My dream ride is a late 70's CB650. Basically 2x my Hawk. I saw one up in VT last year. It looked mint. I half considered camping out and trying to track the owner down to make him an offer..

After school I had money to burn (or so I thought!) and wanted more power. I upped to an '01 Suzuki Bandit 1200.. Which just happens to look very much like that blue bike parked to the right in both your shots! The B12 is nice, but nothing like the sheer fun-factor of those old Hondas!
    This one is a 1960's Honda, I ride a BMW1100gs you can just see the screen in the first photo and a Yamaha FZS1000 Fazer in the US its called an FZ1
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2005
    Great looking bike, I'd love to putter around on one, looks like tons of fun.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ysr612ysr612 Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    I think it is the CL 77 305 scrambler. I rode the cb77 for 99k miles with the CL pipes with snuf-or-nots.

the cl and cb 72 were both 250cc

ps I love the bike and I love the shots

pps the guggenheim has it ID'ed that way too
  • Options
    NHBubbaNHBubba Registered Users Posts: 342 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    This one is a 1960's Honda
    Doh! I figured it for early 70's.. Seems I'm not the Vintage Honda expert I thought I was.. What else is new! :smack
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    NHBubba wrote:
    Doh! I figured it for early 70's.. Seems I'm not the Vintage Honda expert I thought I was.. What else is new! :smack
    I think it could be 68 so not far outclap.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited May 28, 2005
    Nice bike. Never rode one. Started out on a Trail 70 and then went to the
    550-four.

Wasn't this the bike Honda first brought to the states?

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?