Options

Plug-Ins

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited February 27, 2009 in Finishing School
I want to use some plugins with CS3, but I don't have a clue as to how to do this. Can someone give me some step-by-step ways to learn this.

Thank-you.

Comments

• Options
    BobbyMarshallBobbyMarshall Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Have you installed any plugins?

If you have "usually" they will be listed under your filters dropdown menu.
    Canon 50D | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS
    2x White Lightning x1600 | 580 EXII
    Sekonic L-358 | 2x Pocket Wizard II | TC-80N3 Remote Shutter

• Options
    edited February 26, 2009
    Have you installed any plugins?

If you have "usually" they will be listed under your filters dropdown menu.

No, I haven't installed any plugins yet. I don't know how to do it :cry
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    No, I haven't installed any plugins yet. I don't know how to do it :cry

Which plugins are you after? I may be able to help you.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    Which plugins are you after? I may be able to help you.
    Regards
    Bob

I am interested in this one http://www.autofx.com/freeplugins/dreamyphoto.asp?id=4

I was looking at this site, but was just lost as to how to download any of this to try them out. http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photoshop-blog/08/04/best-free-photoshop-plugins.html
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I am interested in this one http://www.autofx.com/freeplugins/dreamyphoto.asp?id=4

I was looking at this site, but was just lost as to how to download any of this to try them out. http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photoshop-blog/08/04/best-free-photoshop-plugins.html

I have looked at it. Just download the 'Download Demo' and see what you think about it.
    Bob
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    I have looked at it. Just download the 'Download Demo' and see what you think about it.
    Bob

Thank you for taking a look at it.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    normally you download to a file of your choice ( I use my documents and make a new folder named plugins)....got it downloaded....next open it ....if it is a zip file .... then download a trial version of winzip.....extract to a new named file in your plug in folder (this new folder I named extracted file......se how clever I am).......now you usually go to my computer and open your c drive - go to program files - open adobe - go to photoshop and open - now you can drag and drop that extracted file right into thje filers folder.......now I have not done any since PS7 but I have over 2K plug ins in PS7.....I will never get rid of PS7 for this reason...................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited February 27, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    normally you download to a file of your choice ( I use my documents and make a new folder named plugins)....got it downloaded....next open it ....if it is a zip file .... then download a trial version of winzip.....extract to a new named file in your plug in folder (this new folder I named extracted file......se how clever I am).......now you usually go to my computer and open your c drive - go to program files - open adobe - go to photoshop and open - now you can drag and drop that extracted file right into thje filers folder.......now I have not done any since PS7 but I have over 2K plug ins in PS7.....I will never get rid of PS7 for this reason...................

Thanks Art thumb.gif I'll try this.
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2009
    I just tried it and I can't get it to the filters section. What I had to do was edit the photo....save it....open it in the plugin program and do what ever it is I want to do to the photo...save it and then I can open it in CS3 again. This doesn't seem right. What am I doing wrong? Or is this free software not something that can be added into the CS3 program?

I think I need a course in "how to do plugins" rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I just tried it and I can't get it to the filters section. What I had to do was edit the photo....save it....open it in the plugin program and do what ever it is I want to do to the photo...save it and then I can open it in CS3 again. This doesn't seem right. What am I doing wrong? Or is this free software not something that can be added into the CS3 program?

I think I need a course in "how to do plugins" rolleyes1.gif

The home page for that plug-in says that it requires a serial number to activate the plug-in. It is free, but evidently you must register to get the serial number and it will be sent to you by email.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2009
    TonyCooper wrote:
    The home page for that plug-in says that it requires a serial number to activate the plug-in. It is free, but evidently you must register to get the serial number and it will be sent to you by email.

Yes it did say to register it -- I will do that. My mistake.

Thank you for the information.