Options

And the DSS Mega-Challenge #3 Winner is...

2»

Comments

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Thanks Aaron, but I'm putting my camera away forever :cry :cry :cry (damn blind judges)

oh no your not!.... you have DSS #20 to complete.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Wow! I'm stunned! wings.gif

Thanks to Emily for the great topic and the judges for their difficult job of ranking photos amongst a fantastic set of entries. There were many candidates which could have just as easily won and I'm very lucky that my photo was chosen.

Also thanks to everyone who provided critique and feedback on my set of entries (for this challenge and others), it's much appreciated and very useful.

Without this challenge this photo would not exist. I decided to take my gear to work on Sunday (I was making up for time I'd miss later in the week) for a night shot even though the weather and light wasn't promising, as it would be my only opportunity for a night shot before the challenge period ended. I'm glad it worked out!

Again, thanks to everyone, this was not expected :D

deal.gif just as ive said... think of all the photographs we would not have if we were not pushed?.... in my case...nearly zip!
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Great photography, Ron. I'm very pleased with the judges' decision. You deserve to win! thumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Congrats All
    That is one fantastic photo Ron, congrats!

Congrats to all the enties, some wonderful images that probably otherwise would never have been made.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Ron!!!! Amazing job buddy!! I have spent many, many great "Night's" in Seattle. You sure captured it in all it's glory with this one man! Congratulations!
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 26, 2009
    Congrats, Ron! A spectacular photo indeed. bowdown.gifclap:ivarwings.gif

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    leaheleahe Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Congratulations!!! What a great shot. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    I like reading and seeing ya'll cut up over this stuff! too fun!:D

I'd like to take the time to thank SmugMug, The Judges of MC3 and Greensquared particularly, for facilitating these challenges. I just started contributing two challenges ago and was fortunate to place and be included in MC3.

On a personal level I am left with images I still care for and enjoy today and probably tomorrow too! And my wish list of your images grows as well!

One of these challenges an inspiration will strike where my idea and the Judges favor will sync. Until that time I am enjoying creating whatever pleases my eye. If someone else happens to like it also, all the better~

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    AnnasPhotosAnnasPhotos Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Congrats Ron!

What a beautiful photo!

Congrats to everyone who entered this.clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Photography is just not about taking pictures....
    It's a learning experience. :D
    My Blog
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Congrats Ron. I always appreciate the shots you get of the NW. The 3-D quality of your winning frame is nice.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Simply stunning... Good work, Ron. bowdown.gif
    Alan H.
    http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
    Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    I am very pleased for you Ron. Big congratulations for a gorgeous photo that met the theme to a tee.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Thanks again to everyone for the nice comments :D
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Ron, congratulations on a fine photograph and the win. Everyone's entries were the best they have submitted. I'm glad this Mega Challenge brought the best out of you all. Great job!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Ron,

Congratulations on a great image. Your work is always outstanding.clap.gif
  • Options
    manfredmanfred Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    congrats ron - how the judges pick one great shot out of so many i will never know - well done wings.gif
    Being part of the "pond life" is OK - just keep aspiring

http://davemann.smugmug.com

Canon 40D. Canon - 100mm macro, 24-105 IS USM, 70-300 IS USM DO, Speedlite 580EX
  • Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Hi Ron wave.gif

You mentioned in your comment that there's an overpass on Lake Washington like the one in my entry that you'd like to photograph - I'm pretty sure they're one and the same. Just for fun, I thought I'd post a little map that shows the proximity of the locations for the shots we entered ... I think that must have been about where you were anyway...

481991590_3hYoN-L.jpg
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Congrats Ron!

There were many great images, there was none that I didn't like, and it was hard to make a list of 10, in order as well. For me it came down to very small things. A bit late, but I've briefly commented on all of the entries in the gallery.

Congrats again, Ron thumb.gif
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Hi Ron wave.gif

You mentioned in your comment that there's an overpass on Lake Washington like the one in my entry that you'd like to photograph - I'm pretty sure they're one and the same. Just for fun, I thought I'd post a little map that shows the proximity of the locations for the shots we entered ... I think that must have been about where you were anyway...

481991590_3hYoN-L.jpg

You're right! That's hilarious. For some reason I thought you were in Minnesota (don't ask, not sure why I thought that). The 520 overpass on western Lake Washington was the one I was thinking of. Funny!!!

And yep, I was at the Pacific Medical Center Building on 12th Ave S. on Beacon Hill, immediately south of the I-90/I-5 interchange.