Options

1st try at 3 point lighting

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited February 26, 2009 in Technique
A couple fo weeks ago, while trying to shoot something for the Dgrin Challenge, I plugged my US lights, with transformer, into my German socket and basically blew them up. (I only had two hot lights).

Now that I had a big open space in my apartment (square footage is cheaper here than in New York) I really wanted to try some cool stuff with what passes for my studio set up. Particularly, I had been reading a tutorial on three point lighting here .

Anyway, I went to the local Bauhaus and picked up three 500 Watt Halogen industrial lamps. Total cost: 30 Euros. I adapted one (sweat and duct tape) to be attached to my old light stand, and set the others up on various surfaces in the manner described, controlling the light intensity by the good old fashioned method of moving some of the lights durther away to make them dimmer.

Anyway, here is the result. I don't think it is too bad for an on the fly lighting setup, I'm really rather pleased with it. I would, hwoever, like some suggestions on how to improve it- lighting and otherwise.

So whip away me hearties!

481149905_fGFF2-L.jpg
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Justi,

As the WP is for your best, portfolio work, I've moved this to Technique, so people can help you better with your lighting technique.

thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops