Just for fun ...

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited February 26, 2009 in People
We visited some friends in San Francisco last weekend. Since they're such a good looking couple I had to dig out my camera and take some shots. (They were also my first wedding couple. How the time flies!! :lust)

Here are some of my favorites. Wanted to try a different look, hence the "special" (dreamy / yellowish) editing on this set:

c&c welcome :lust

480257965_DnvAV-M.jpg

480600728_Nip76-L.jpg

3. Just for fun:
479435442_qiuR8-M.jpg

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Well that certainly look like fun! I love the modern look to the yellow...completely contemporary...would you be so kind as to describe your method? I really like the card and layout..that is cool. The poses and expressions of your subject are priceless. Quite wonderful for having fun :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Oh these are yum! I love what you did with the colors....

I am always such a chicken when it comes to blowing out the whites and overexposing and cranking those levels.....But I love how it looks when you and others do it! I need to grow some bravery with MY processing so I can be as cool as you.... Laughing.gif!

(And I agree with Dave... Do share!)
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Well that certainly look like fun! I love the modern look to the yellow...completely contemporary...would you be so kind as to describe your method? I really like the card and layout..that is cool. The poses and expressions of your subject are priceless. Quite wonderful for having fun :D

Thanks Dave! iloveyou.gif Yeah, I wish all my coupled would be that easy in front of the camera rolleyes1.gif

Aw, hard to say, I was just playing around in photoshop dodging / burning / different color balance layer masks ... and tried to ad a flare to some of them mwink.gif

Just messing around in PPS on a lazy wintery day. wings.gif
    edited February 26, 2009
    Oh these are yum! I love what you did with the colors....

I am always such a chicken when it comes to blowing out the whites and overexposing and cranking those levels.....But I love how it looks when you and others do it! I need to grow some bravery with MY processing so I can be as cool as you.... Laughing.gif!

(And I agree with Dave... Do share!)

... Says the queen of PPS rolleyes1.gif Haha, thanks Mrs Heather, means a lot to me (I'm definitely not know as one of the cool ones, haha - I hear my old classmates laughing)! iloveyou.gif

The blown-style comes probably from my default action (essential color pop), I do it with pretty much all of my photos. mwink.gifiloveyou.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Lovely series, clap.gif and the last one is superb! bowdown.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited February 26, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Lovely series, clap.gif and the last one is superb! bowdown.gif

Awww, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! iloveyou.gif It's the magical California sun :D ... (Boy, I couldn't believe all those people in winter boots (!!) & gloves, haha ... you guys have nooo idea ... brrrr rolleyes1.gif)
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Wow Angie...those actions are like way way cool......might have to go with the radical look on those so so looking drab icky nothingness wedding photos :D:D:D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited February 26, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Wow Angie...those actions are like way way cool......might have to go with the radical look on those so so looking drab icky nothingness wedding photos :D:D:D

I wanna see your results if you get them!!! iloveyou.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    I actually have that action... But it just seems so blown and yellow! Laughing.gif!
    (Duh, that is what I was saying I was wanting, right?)
    edited February 26, 2009
    I actually have that action... But it just seems so blown and yellow! Laughing.gif!
    (Duh, that is what I was saying I was wanting, right?)

Sorry, I was probably not clear enough rolleyes1.gif That's just my default action (the yellow touch didn't come from there .... I added that later)
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I've said it before and I'm sure it will be repeated here for years to come. I love your style. Taking a picture and creating an image are two entirely seperate tasks, the latter being the most difficult obviously. You, my friend, are an image maker! thumb.gif
    edited February 26, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I've said it before and I'm sure it will be repeated here for years to come. I love your style. Taking a picture and creating an image are two entirely seperate tasks, the latter being the most difficult obviously. You, my friend, are an image maker! thumb.gif

Ohhhhhh, wow!!! Thanks Idlewild!!! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif ("image" removed)
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Ok, now you're just teasing me! :D Whatever image you tried to post in your last reply isn't showing up!
    edited February 26, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Ok, now you're just teasing me! :D Whatever image you tried to post in your last reply isn't showing up!

Oh sorry - no, that's nothing, no idea where this came from headscratch.gif
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    I think #3 is very cool.

On #2, why are three corners rounded and one square? Just funky design?

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    edited February 26, 2009
    Thanks Josh iloveyou.gif

Yup, just for fun, Zanotti :D
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    I wish my "serious" photos turned out half as nice as your "just for fun" photos! These are lovely! I agree with Heather...I like the funky treatments on other people's shots, but I get kinda scared of it when I try and do it. The collage is just wonderful! Is that a template you put together? Love it!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited February 26, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    I wish my "serious" photos turned out half as nice as your "just for fun" photos! These are lovely! I agree with Heather...I like the funky treatments on other people's shots, but I get kinda scared of it when I try and do it. The collage is just wonderful! Is that a template you put together? Love it!

Thanks Elaine iloveyou.gif Haha, it's funny I feel the same way about your photos too!! ++ I definitely wish my photos would be as crisp as yours!

Nope, no template, ... as I said, just for fun. :D

Thanks for your sweet comment!
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    Awesome expressions and processing!!!
    edited February 26, 2009
    DavidS wrote:
    Awesome expressions and processing!!!

Thanks David! thumb.gif

Oh!! Love your new (?) blog!!! Very prettyl!!! clap.gif