More Ski Racing Photos

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited February 27, 2009 in Sports
Some more practice from last weekend's Mitey Mite Race. I've been trying to incorporate much of what I've been seeing in this forum. Still learning to not trust the LCD and not to fully trust the histogram. Need to keep pushing the exposure to where a little of the snow is blown.

481526418_87ZjZ-M.jpg

#2 - Specifically went looking for a spot in the course where I could get this type low angle.
481527637_mHcMz-M.jpg

#3 Just for fun - this was my daughter's first race.
481534707_4Jet6-M-0.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• SoonerShawnSoonerShawn Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    These look really good to me. I like the second pic the best. I wish the skiier's hand wasn't in front his/her face, but that's the breaks sometimes. Love the gate bent over the leg.
  • BiffbradfordBiffbradford Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    These look really good to me. I like the second pic the best. I wish the skiier's hand wasn't in front his/her face, but that's the breaks sometimes. Love the gate bent over the leg.

Yeah, that is frustrating. With practice, though, you have that in the back of your mind when shooting. I get the same thing shooting XC skiing. Nice pix. :D
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Yeah, that is frustrating. With practice, though, you have that in the back of your mind when shooting. I get the same thing shooting XC skiing. Nice pix. :D

I was shooting one shot at this gate trying to get the kids cross-blocking the gate. With my D80 (3 frames a second), I've found that I can time it better if I don't shoot in burst mode (maybe this is an excuse to spring for something like a D300 that can burst at a higher rate :D )

On this shot (#1), I was just a tad late on the shutter but loved the gate wrapped over his thigh because it really shouldn't be there - it should be underneath his shin guard. Here is a another I took from the same run but hit the shutter a tad sooner.

481530177_gjzEt-M.jpg
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook