Options

Dual Flash

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited May 27, 2005 in Cameras
Purchased a Canon 580ex to go along with my Canon 550ex with the first priority of ensuring I have a backup for shooting weddings. But since I now have two flashes I am experimenting with using them together for portrait lighting.

Just got the flash today. Haven't yet read the manual. This isn't exactly fine portraiture or even an attempt to be. This is the "open box, put flash on camera, put second flash on piano, grab a daughter and shoot" photos.

Here's a couple "one flash, bounced" photo:

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Notice the wonderful raccoon shadow effects that folks just LOVE to see :)

And now I add my 550ex as wireless slave.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Lee

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,901 moderator
    edited May 27, 2005
    Thanks
    Lee,

Thanks for this series demonstrating, once again, the importance of 3 dimensional lighting. It is easy to forget the improvement without examples.

Thanks also to your young model.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    leebase wrote:
    <SNIP>Just got the flash today. Haven't yet read the manual. This isn't exactly fine portraiture or even an attempt to be. This is the "open box, put flash on camera, put second flash on piano, grab a daughter and shoot" photos.
    Lee
    Realizing this is the first off out of the box shot, you will be surprised how much better, and how much the results improve once you play with lighting ratio's.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Realizing this is the first off out of the box shot, you will be surprised how much better, and how much the results improve once you play with lighting ratio's.
    Don't stop there....share....!

Would love to hear from those who know...cuz I surely do not :)

Lee