Up and Under

SoonerShawnSoonerShawn Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited February 28, 2009 in Sports
Taken last night at the Oklahoma Class 3A Regionals. In Durant, OK. Any critiques greatly appreciated.

481505801_t5gYV-L.jpg

Cropped
481505801_t5gYV-L-1.jpg

Nikon D3
80-200 f2.8 @ 112mm
ISO 6400
1/500

Comments

• donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Both images look the same to me. Everyone says watch your horizons. This is a good thing, but what they should say is watch your verticle lines. Verticle lines should always be verticle regardless of point of view. Look at the score board in the background. It's not verticle.

Good peak action, but your focus appears to be on the #3 jersey on the left. A little usm might help, but the main subject is slightly out of focus.
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • SoonerShawnSoonerShawn Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    donek wrote:
    Both images look the same to me. Everyone says watch your horizons. This is a good thing, but what they should say is watch your verticle lines. Verticle lines should always be verticle regardless of point of view. Look at the score board in the background. It's not verticle.

Good peak action, but your focus appears to be on the #3 jersey on the left. A little usm might help, but the main subject is slightly out of focus.

Thanks...I see what you're talking about with the vert lines. Slightly tilted, and yes, maybe a tad soft. No post processing so usm might help out. I appreciate your critique.