The Bill...

TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
edited February 28, 2009 in People
Last weekend was my best friend's son's birthday party at Dave and Busters. We had dinner there, and this was his son's reaction to the bill.

480386092_7XvPT-L.jpg
Frank Martinez
Nikon Shooter
It's all about the moment...

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Priceless??!! rolleyes1.gif
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Priceless??!! rolleyes1.gif

Angie, I forgot to ask you how you like your new D3? I heard it's a marvel with high ISO and low noise.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Trevlan wrote:
    Angie, I forgot to ask you how you like your new D3? I heard it's a marvel with high ISO and low noise.

I LOOOOVE it! Not sure if I could live without it, now that I've seen how sharp photos can get - and the low noise is spot on!! thumb.gifiloveyou.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    a touch orange but lol..great capture!thumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited February 27, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    a touch orange but lol..great capture!thumb.gif

Yeah. The orange is from the light mix. A simple gel could have fixed it, but this was just a quick fun shot.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Great candid Frank... Is Dave and Buster's expensive? Never been there....
    And...I also have a new D3 and feel the same as Angie. Now you need to get one!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
    edited February 28, 2009
    Great candid Frank... Is Dave and Buster's expensive? Never been there....
    And...I also have a new D3 and feel the same as Angie. Now you need to get one!

You know, expensive is relative. I'd say 20 dollars for a cheeseburger is expensive, but you are also paying for the atmosphere. I wouldn't go there everyday for dinner, but once in a while, it's fun for the kids. I practically shot pool the entire night. LoL.

Now, a D3? Lol. The horse just kicked me back. I can't justify the purchase of a D3. I'm just not good enough yet. But I will be getting the D300 really soon!thumb.gif
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Trevelyan wrote:
    You know, expensive is relative. I'd say 20 dollars for a cheeseburger is expensive, but you are also paying for the atmosphere. I wouldn't go there everyday for dinner, but once in a while, it's fun for the kids. I practically shot pool the entire night. LoL.

Now, a D3? Lol. The horse just kicked me back. I can't justify the purchase of a D3. I'm just not good enough yet. But I will be getting the D300 really soon!thumb.gif

Very nice picture. These are the moments we live for as photographers and parents.

You will like the D300. I bought mine as soon as they came out. Prices have dropped, but I have no regrets. I've been able to use mine all that time.

You will like the D300's Active-D lighting feature...I think it's turned off when you get it...turn it on and try it. Other than sensor size on the D700, the electronics are virtually the same. Picture quality is rated as excellent from 200-3200 ISO.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited February 28, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:
    Very nice picture. These are the moments we live for as photographers and parents.

You will like the D300. I bought mine as soon as they came out. Prices have dropped, but I have no regrets. I've been able to use mine all that time.

You will like the D300's Active-D lighting feature...I think it's turned off when you get it...turn it on and try it. Other than sensor size on the D700, the electronics are virtually the same. Picture quality is rated as excellent from 200-3200 ISO.

Thanks for the info Ed. I heard the D300 works rather well at relatively high ISO. And above that at 6400, it's relatively low noise. That's 7 stops of light for aperture compensation, meaning I could use less power from my flash to achieve the same exposure!

I tried the D-lighting on my D40 and I was rather impressed by it. I can't imagine what the D300 will do.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Great shot! Definitely tells a story--
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com