Options

Is SmugMug Reliable?

RubenZRubenZ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited February 27, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
The reason I ask is because I have 2 smugmug accounts and I'm in a little venture with 2 other co-workers who each have smug mug pro accounts.

So thats a total of 4 smugmug pro accounts I have access to. I've had situations where I get an order and I have a 1 day proofing period and I havent even touched the order yet it shows as being processed. Or I'll see situations where the order has been approved for shipment yet the order summary says "NEW".

I've even seen a case where I'll have no sales for like a week and then in 1 day get a lot of sales which seems odd considering I would usually get a few sales every day after a game I shoot. So to have absolutly no sales after a game for a whole week and then all of a sudden get 5 or so orders in a day from is odd. *this could be odd and just coinsidence and not smugmug fault*

One of my other partners says he had a lady say she loved his photos and they came out great yet the order never showed on his smugmug.

I'm just wondering how reliable smugmug really is and if anyone else here has experienced oddities with using smugmug?

Other than that, the product is really great and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us. But I'm just worried about their backend.

Comments

• Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    One of my other partners says he had a lady say she loved his photos and they came out great yet the order never showed on his smugmug.

If the gallery was not set for pro pricing, there would not be a notification. This is curious.
    I've even seen a case where I'll have no sales for like a week and then in 1 day get a lot of sales which seems odd considering I would usually get a few sales every day after a game I shoot. So to have absolutly no sales after a game for a whole week and then all of a sudden get 5 or so orders in a day from is odd. *this could be odd and just coinsidence and not smugmug fault*

Did you check the date the orders were placed?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    RubenZ wrote:
    If he had sizes or even the whole gallery not pro-priced, he'd get no notification. If he would let us know the gallery, and the email address of the buyer, we can diagnose fully and completely. But 100% of the time this happens, it's due to some image sizes not being priced by the pro, or no pro-pricing on the gallery.

I'm just wondering how reliable smugmug really is and if anyone else here has experienced oddities with using smugmug?

Other than that, the product is really great and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us. But I'm just worried about their backend.
    Our backend is extremely robust and reliable :D We're in our 7th year, and we hand out millions and millions in pro profits each year.

If you can give me specific order#s on the 1day proof delay that didn't last as long as you thought, I'll look into it also.
  • Options
    RubenZRubenZ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    And that is why I will never leave smugmug. Customer support is great. I'll try to find that info.