DSS#20 Is this worth working on?

dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
edited February 28, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took this the day BEFORE this started, so I would have to go look for more. Is it worth that trouble? I mean, I know I like it, but I have an odd perception of things apparantly. (:D so I have been told) Yes, I really went crazy with the shadows to bring out the prints. Any hope in this one? or is it too blah?

Gull prints in the sand
481940251_webBv-XL.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    Very cool image. But is it serene or chaos? headscratch.gif

Would you be likely to find any more if you went a'hunting, or was this a chance capture?
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Very cool image. But is it serene or chaos? headscratch.gif

Would you be likely to find any more if you went a'hunting, or was this a chance capture?

It is kind of both... but I was thinking of the chaotic way the prints are everywhere.
    The trick wouldn't be finding the prints, it would be finding the right sand. These were at a lake about 30 miles away. Right now we are SO dry, I should be able to find a good sandy area. Probably at the Wildlife Refuge that I volunteer at and take so many pictures at.
    I don't know. Maybe if I have to ask it isn't the right one... then I think of what I have already seen. Might have to scrap this idea.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    It's not bad, and it it is kinda chaotic, but there is no focus point =c/ I think you can do better
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    I see chaotic. And, I think it's well worth a reshoot for this challenge. Like Pyro suggested it needs a focal point to pull the viewer's eye into the scene.
    edited February 28, 2009
    hmm... ok. I bet I could find something to make a focal point... ohh! I just thought of a great idea! Darn and I was going to rest all weekend. Maybe I will wait till it warms a little good look for a sandy spot.
    Thanks ya'll! you got mind in gear.
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Like Pyro suggested it needs a focal point to pull the viewer's eye into the scene.

Hmm I do see a focal point about a fourth of the way from the right side of the picture. There's something small that seemed to have been drawn with a stick, next to an arrow imprint. But it's not an easy spot to see and doesn't pull the eyes.
    edited February 28, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    Hmm I do see a focal point about a fourth of the way from the right side of the picture. There's something small that seemed to have been drawn with a stick, next to an arrow imprint. But it's not an easy spot to see and doesn't pull the eyes.

It is probably the leaf you are seeing, and there is a pebble in the top right corner. All I was doing was grabbing snapshots... I didn't expect anything from the gull prints. I never even noticed the leaf or rock until I got home. Once I started playing with it and drawing out the colors in the sand I was surprised.
  • AnnasPhotosAnnasPhotos Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    I think it's a cool shot. I see chaotic in this too. I agree with everyone else about it needing a focal point. I can offer you snow if you want some, instead of sand. :D
    Photography is just not about taking pictures....
    It's a learning experience. :D
    My Blog
    edited February 28, 2009
    I think it's a cool shot. I see chaotic in this too. I agree with everyone else about it needing a focal point. I can offer you snow if you want some, instead of sand. :D

rolleyes1.gif Thanks but I think I'll pass. My 13yo son swears the weather man said snow in the morning, I think he was watching for a different area. That's the good thing in Texas. We might get snow but it will be warm again in a few days.
    But I am ready for Spring!!