an attempt at my two favorite girls.

pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited May 28, 2005 in People
I love taking pictures of people, but I find it very hard to get someone to let me photograph them, and when I do find someone they usually pose in an awkward way that ruins the picture. Anyway, these are a couple of my attempts.

familypictures133editMediumWebview.jpg
This is my little sis on her birthday, she so hard to get a normal picture of.

springbreak2003012MediumWebview.jpg
My best friend Sarah...this was a lucky shot...I snapped it when she was least expecting it, eliminating any fake poses and fake smiles I would normally get. The flash reflected a little too much on her face, it seems over exposed. But despite that, I still like the picture itself.

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Nice B&W work on the 1st pepper..the 2nd was a bit blownout with the flash but good to catch people before there see you with the camera.thumb.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Hi Pepper.. nice eyes on the second shot and I agree with Humungus, nice black and white. :D
  • bkrietebkriete Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    I like the one of your sister. Looks very natural to me.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    You are so beautiful (Sorry, dont know your name)!
    I think that there must be no problems if you'll ask some guys/girls to take a portraits of them (saying, oh, you look so attractive, may I... ) Take 30-60 shots. Then choose 2-6 best and make 15x20 cm prints and present them to you "models"...
    Thats my experience...
    Repeat it 100-200 times...
    (Try not to be ruined :-)
    You'll (partly) not be afraid to ask people to take photo...
    Spasibo and sorry for advice,
    Yuri - your dgrin friend.
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    You are so beautiful (Sorry, dont know your name)!
    I think that there must be no problems if you'll ask some guys/girls to take a portraits of them (saying, oh, you look so attractive, may I... ) Take 30-60 shots. Then choose 2-6 best and make 15x20 cm prints and present them to you "models"...
    Thats my experience...
    Repeat it 100-200 times...
    (Try not to be ruined :-)
    You'll (partly) not be afraid to ask people to take photo...
    Spasibo and sorry for advice,
    Yuri - your dgrin friend.
    Thanks for the compliment, and the advice. I like advice. mwink.gif
    Oh, and I always forget to sign my name...it's Amy.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 28, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Nice B&W work on the 1st pepper..the 2nd was a bit blownout with the flash but good to catch people before they see you with the camera.thumb.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif Wow, comparing your little sis to your avatar one can see the resemblance.
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Wow, comparing your little sis to your avatar one can see the resemblance.
    haha, that's true, we do look alike sometimes, but we have completly different expressions. You can't tell in the b&w but I have reddish hair and she has blond...:D