Life In Hell: Acid Steam Damaged Plant

sabbath999sabbath999 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited March 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
acid.jpg

EXIF: D40 18-55VR 1/200s f/5.6 ISO200 26mm PP'ed in Capture NX with a modified version of the Orton effect. Kilauea Iki crater.

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Very nice image. However its not a bird, mammal, reptile or fish so I'm moving it to Other Cool Shots
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    sabbath999 wrote:

EXIF: D40 18-55VR 1/200s f/5.6 ISO200 26mm PP'ed in Capture NX with a modified version of the Orton effect. Kilauea Iki crater.

Little confusion here on my part.... is this image really a shot of a plant damaged by Acid Steam, or is it the way you have processed it?

I have no clue what Acid Steam is, or if you just going for this kind of effect? the colours look fake to me headscratch.gif .... Skippy :oogle
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • sabbath999sabbath999 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Little confusion here on my part.... is this image really a shot of a plant damaged by Acid Steam, or is it the way you have processed it?

I have no clue what Acid Steam is, or if you just going for this kind of effect? the colours look fake to me headscratch.gif .... Skippy :oogle

Sorry, I've been away for a while... acid steam is just that, highly acidic steam that rises up out of the ground from a volcano. Rain goes in through the cracks, is heated into steam by the magma chamber and comes back out of the ground roasting whatever is around it with a caustic steam.

The colors were enhanced by the processing.