Just One

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited March 5, 2009 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Interesting composition. Nice use of space.
    Pretty neat how you placed and lined things up.
    BW conversion is well done.
    At first the top of the glass was visually
    confusing me. Took me a moment to work it out. :D
    Michael
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Thanks DaddyO. I appreciate the feedback, and you are right.thumb.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited March 1, 2009
    I like this one. Clever composition and good conversion. The main thing that bothers me is that the reflection in the glass makes it look out of focus. I'm guessing that what I'm seeing is the reflection of a window covered with a patterned curtain. I don't know what constraints you were dealing with, but perhaps by walking around it you could get clearer shot. I think the play of object and shadow would still be good if the shadow were angled, which could also make the shot less centered/symmetric. Anyway, these are just suggestions; the shot as it stands is very nice.
    edited March 1, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    I like this one. Clever composition and good conversion. The main thing that bothers me is that the reflection in the glass makes it look out of focus. I'm guessing that what I'm seeing is the reflection of a window covered with a patterned curtain. I don't know what constraints you were dealing with, but perhaps by walking around it you could get clearer shot. I think the play of object and shadow would still be good if the shadow were angled, which could also make the shot less centered/symmetric. Anyway, these are just suggestions; the shot as it stands is very nice.

Thanks Richard. I appreciate the helpful feedback.thumb.gif
  • SoonerShawnSoonerShawn Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Wow...this is pretty neat. I could see it hanging on a wall in an Italian food restaurant. I wish I had an eye for these type shots. I like the way the walls of the glass disappear into the black background, but then you see the glare in the top line of the glass. Great imagination!
    edited March 5, 2009
    Wow...this is pretty neat. I could see it hanging on a wall in an Italian food restaurant. I wish I had an eye for these type shots. I like the way the walls of the glass disappear into the black background, but then you see the glare in the top line of the glass. Great imagination!

Thank you Shawn. I am glad you liked this one. :D