The Boat House

anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited February 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I shot this one a while back and didn't like how it was turning out when I was processing it. I stumbled on it the other night and gave it another shot.

482067164_wrYw5-XL.jpg

This HDR was made with 5 RAWs processed in Photomatix and other PS work...

-joe
Joe Ercoli
My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
My Smugmug Gallery

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Pretty interesting. A few questions: is the vignetting deliberate? If so, I would suggeset you make sure it's evened out in the frame.

The nit I have with this image is that bright spot right smack in the middle of the shore line. My eye is draw to that because it's the brightest, high-contrasty spot in the picture. It would be mice to darken this and then play with some alternate post-processing to get the boat house in the "spot light." Make sense?
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    The nit I have with this image is that bright spot right smack in the middle of the shore line. My eye is draw to that because it's the brightest, high-contrasty spot in the picture. It would be mice to darken this and then play with some alternate post-processing to get the boat house in the "spot light." Make sense?

I see your point... It kind of fights with the boat house for your attention and focus. Hmm... I have something to play with now, thanks!

-joe
    Joe Ercoli
    My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
    My Smugmug Gallery
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    anvilimage wrote:
    I see your point... It kind of fights with the boat house for your attention and focus. Hmm... I have something to play with now, thanks!

-joe

You're welcome. Now if only I could learn to see these issues in my OWN images, then I'd be making some genuine progress! :bash
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers