#20~harder than it sounds....

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited March 1, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well I have finally have had time to start to focus on this challenge. I was thinking it would be easy but then I realized that when all my ideas that came to mind for chaos or serene work well with color and that is not an option. So here is what I have come up with so far....

1. it was just starting to snow again when I took this one...
482370448_LZ8S9-L.jpg

482370503_cgfSZ-L.jpg

3.The snow really increased as I went to pick up my daughter...snapped this one from the car with a point and shoot. I thought it looked very serene....
482360661_AbASe-L.jpg

4.As for chaos...
482378041_2WZm8-L.jpg
I have a couple other ideas floating in my head ...but was wondering if any of these hit the mark for the theme?

EDIT: A few more chaos shots. Its been snowing like crazy. I shot these at 500mm while it was snowing heavily. Had to keep a towel on top of my camera and lens. Not an easy thing to shoot with.

5. Winter feeding frenzy...
482520940_xAwyW-L.jpg

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    1. bleh =c/
    2+3. Pretty serene
    4. pretty chaotic

with 4 being the more interesting out of the shots
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    JAG wrote:

4.As for chaos...this was my only try...
    482378041_2WZm8-L.jpg
    This cracks me up to the extreme! My daughter constantly has our little white poodle in the umbrella stroller, just like your photo! Last week I caught her with the poodle in the stroller with an entire set of her clothes on the dog. Including underwear and 4 socks. Poor thing! It is good that our doggie is so mellow to put up with it all.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 28, 2009
    Thanks pyro and Heather for your comments. Heather...what gets me about this shot is that Chuy's eyes were really bulging out...he wouldn't jump out and didn't seem to mind...but I guess its his chihuahua eyes in this shot that really made me smile!

I have added another Chaos picture up at the top. I would appreciate if people let me know which they like the best of the pics at the top of this thread. Thanks.
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    I think of these I'd have to go with #4.
    The look on their faces is great.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    #3 is Serene and #4 is totally good, if not Chaotic....wonder if the dog could express more grief? None the Less you nailed it when you said harder than it seems/Sounds~~

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    yep, #3... that is serenity plain and simple.
    #4 is certainly chaos... #5 0- the birds I would have liked to be able to see netter. I can tell the wings are flapping and they are crazy to get to their dinner but it is hard to see.
    But my favorite is #3.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    You're not kidding this one is harder than it sounds!

3 and 4 for me. The landscape is possibly more "artistic" (although might possibly benefit from cropping slightly from the right to lose the back tree entirely? headscratch.gif), but I think the shot with the stroller is priceless! I love the motion blur - combined with the look on the dog's face it's just perfect :D
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    I'm really liking #3. Have you thought about trying a square or 8x10 crop on that?