pricing dilemma (digital negative)

the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
alright, so i have a little question for you folks!

so, someone wants to buy a photo of mine, they need it in an odd size (41x38.5 inches) to fit in a inset area in the kitchen.
so thats all fine and well, but, there is a couple of issues. first off, i would need to do some cropping to get it to fit that size, or have some sort of matting or border around it to make it fit.

then the other aspect, they are thinking they could get a friend who works for a print shop to work his magic to get it that size by 'bleeding' out the edges so its an exact fit. so they are saying they could just purchase the 'raw' file from me, then have this guy print it out.

so, i am unsure what to charge for a digital negative first off. second, is this ok? i mean, its my work, i havent sold that many pictures, should i just suck it up and be happy that someone wants a shot of mine on their wall?

i trust these people not to distribute it or anything, thats not the concern. it just seems weird to me!

what do you think??
--Craig...
shoots things with a D80, an F1, and a Diana F+

My Gallery
Sign the guestbook :)!!

Comments

• Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    isn't this where the personal or commercial use license would come into effect? I am still new to the photography world, but this would be my guess.
  • the supervillainthe supervillain Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    yes! i knew there was something i was missing!

thank you though, i dont feel so weird about it now.
    --Craig...
    shoots things with a D80, an F1, and a Diana F+

My Gallery
    Sign the guestbook :)!!