Buffer Zone

lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited March 2, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Hi All,

I have decided to take the plunge and actually get some of my work printed. I am very excited about the metallic paper. I want to give a print as a gift and want to use an image that would look great on metallic. This is an odd subject for most people, but completely understandable to the person getting it. It is the Buffer Zone that separates south Cyprus from the occupied territory to the north. It has been closed off to the public since 1974. All of the buildings remain as they were at the end of the war. I thought about b&w but it looked too glum. If a resolution comes to the island soon (hopefully by the end of the year), this area will be rebuilt and will never be seen like this again. I don't want to give the impression that it is old and in the past. I want it to have a modern feel.

I would love your opinions before I hit "order print". BTW, it is a fairly detailed image so I want to print it at 16x20.

Thanks everyone

Lisa

482899754_tTqnK-L.jpg

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    I think it is a very nice image and will look great printed on metallic paper.
    I hope you get the modern feel your looking for.
    Michael
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Hi All,

I have decided to take the plunge and actually get some of my work printed. I am very excited about the metallic paper. I want to give a print as a gift and want to use an image that would look great on metallic. This is an odd subject for most people, but completely understandable to the person getting it. It is the Buffer Zone that separates south Cyprus from the occupied territory to the north. It has been closed off to the public since 1974. All of the buildings remain as they were at the end of the war. I thought about b&w but it looked too glum. If a resolution comes to the island soon (hopefully by the end of the year), this area will be rebuilt and will never be seen like this again. I don't want to give the impression that it is old and in the past. I want it to have a modern feel.

I would love your opinions before I hit "order print". BTW, it is a fairly detailed image so I want to print it at 16x20.

Thanks everyone

Lisa

Lisa I think the shot looks great clap.gif
    Lots of detail as you said, and the colours really POP nod.gif

I think the person you plan on giving this print to as will be delighted.

Do tell us how it looks at the size you said you were going to PRINT it.

Very very nicely done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin