Trying to make something worth looking at

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited March 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Would like to hear your impressions for these 2 photo manipulations.
Used photoshop and virtual photographer to get to this point.
Sometimes I get interesting and sometimes not so much.
Done using 1 single photo for each.
Thanks in advance. :D Michael

Galactic Speed.
480838225_HVX3u-XL.jpg

Helix
480748955_qc6xV-XL.jpg
Michael

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited March 2, 2009
    Hmm...there are some interesting parts in both of these, but I'm not sure either one can stand on its own as a compelling image. In the first one, I like the concentric yellow, red and brown burst. The silver part somehow reminded me of a bent paper clip. The lower right third didn't work for me at first, though on second viewing, it suggests a human figure with arms outstretched. Does this mean I'm crazy, doctor? :crazy rolleyes1.gif In the second one, there is a part that strongly suggests an eye and head, maybe a lizard or maybe an alien. That piece is pretty cool, but the rest doesn't really say much to me.

Keep at it, though. It's fun to do and the results can be surprising.

Regards,
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    I like the first one much more... Looks like something I might see as a large print on the wall at an airport or some place like that.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Hmm...there are some interesting parts in both of these, but I'm not sure either one can stand on its own as a compelling image. In the first one, I like the concentric yellow, red and brown burst. The silver part somehow reminded me of a bent paper clip. The lower right third didn't work for me at first, though on second viewing, it suggests a human figure with arms outstretched. Does this mean I'm crazy, doctor? :crazy rolleyes1.gif In the second one, there is a part that strongly suggests an eye and head, maybe a lizard or maybe an alien. That piece is pretty cool, but the rest doesn't really say much to me.

Keep at it, though. It's fun to do and the results can be surprising.

Regards,

My thanks for your great feedback points Richard. Crazy? :D Think its just
    a right brain leaning thing. You can't be faulted for that. If you knew where these started you'd think I had a screw or two loose. rolleyes1.gif
    Rest assured I'll be continuing things like these pieces. Once in awhile there
    is pay dirt in it and also a certain shear pleasure in the effort.
    These two I'll toss back with the others and keep going for more.
    Michael
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Roadkill wrote:
    I like the first one much more... Looks like something I might see as a large print on the wall at an airport or some place like that.

Thanks Roadkill!!! Thats some encouraging feedback. thumb.gif Thing that rings so
    true is that things like this are seen large at places like airports. Anybody
    know who I need to talk to ta get that done? ne_nau.gif:D
    Michael