Opening Day - Yorba Hills Little League

sandjunkiesandjunkie Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited March 2, 2009 in Sports
A few from Opening Day and 1st Game Yesterday.

Marching in for the Ceremonies
482890302_DQxgt-XL.jpg

Pledge of Allegiance
482894455_bT3pj-XL.jpg

Commander Chuck landing on the fields
482901219_HskKF-XL.jpg

Runners Going!!!
482915982_cVGJr-XL.jpg

My Son playing Catcher
482936252_JkVaj-XL.jpg

Stopping a high throw to first.
482914656_nbzbP-XL.jpg

Let me know what I can do better. I am just starting out.

Comments

• manganosmanganos Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    Nice shots. Cropped nice! Someone needs to show that boy that you cover your heart with your RIGHT hand ne_nau.gif
  • attorneyjayattorneyjay Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    Little league
    I think you should crop tighter with most of these.

The shot of the player with his left hand over his heart is classic. Nice catch! That said, the national anthem and pledge of allegiance are times when I stop shooting and stand at attention. I don't know if the pros have any rule of etiquette on this but my policy is to join in showing respect for our nation and flag. But then, I'm also annoyed when the networks use these times for commercials and don't actually cover the national anthem.

Jay
  • sandjunkiesandjunkie Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    I think you should crop tighter with most of these.

The shot of the player with his left hand over his heart is classic. Nice catch! That said, the national anthem and pledge of allegiance are times when I stop shooting and stand at attention. I don't know if the pros have any rule of etiquette on this but my policy is to join in showing respect for our nation and flag. But then, I'm also annoyed when the networks use these times for commercials and don't actually cover the national anthem.

Jay

I usually do not shoot during a pledge or national anthem, but I had my camera around my neck and this was just before it started. It was screaming Americana.

By any chance, you weren't there were you? I know an Attorney Jay.
  • attorneyjayattorneyjay Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    No, I wasn't there, though it would be nice about now - it's 10 above with wind chill of -7 tonight after four inches of snow today in south central PA. High schools start baseball practice here today but something tells me they stayed indoors. :-)