Latest Sessions

kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited March 10, 2009 in People
My family was wonderful enough to pose for me as I played around in the studio the other day. :) Nik, I took your advice and used 2 lights at the front instead of 1.

I haven't cropped the photos yet. As always, C&C welcome.

1. My husband and sons
480862932_W79ok-M.jpg

2. The whole family (I set the timer for this one)
483119829_Vgde5-M.jpg

3. My youngest son - I put him in a box so he'd stay still... he obviously wasn't thrilled about it. :dunno
483120490_NCLrp-M.jpg

4. The boys playing with roses
480854777_u3UBs-M.jpg

5. A collage from another recent photo shoot. Sorry about the watermarks, I took this straight from the gallery. And I always watermark the photos I sell.
483121226_2VZ6B-M.jpg

~Kathleen
Kathleen
www.kdspencer.com

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    Nice Kathleen!! clap.gif

#4 is my fav!!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    you have a beautiful family. Well dressed, posed, and well exposed. thumb.gif .
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    These are so good there's little to nit-pik.

The only thing I see is in #2. It's a touch over-exposed and I would clone the bow of your wife's dress. Both are very easy edits. I think this would have been taken to "the next level" had you been a little wider to get some of the floor (and associated shadows/reflections) in the shot - see what I mean in #4.
  • kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    ShepsMom - Thanks! #4 came about completely naturally. We were using roses, and my little one wouldn't leave the vase alone, so we decided to use it for a picture.

Qarik - Thanks to you as well.

Scott - I had a good laugh at your comment to "clone the bow of your wife's dress." I AM the wife! rolleyes1.gif Ha ha ha. And yes, I should probably clone that out, it detracts more than adds to the picture. Tthe original picture is a wider shot which includes the floor, but because I used the timer and rushed to sit down, I didn't pay attention to how the dress looked at the bottom. I didn't want to have an indecent picture, so I cropped it out. :D But you've made me want to revisit it again and double check.

~Kathleen
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    kdspencer wrote:
    Scott - I had a good laugh at your comment to "clone the bow of your wife's dress." I AM the wife! rolleyes1.gif Ha ha ha. ~Kathleen
    Then, your husband is a very lucky man!
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Very nicely done.clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!