airplane graveyard

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited March 2, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi, I went by an airplane graveyard outside St. Augustine today, something really neat to see if you're ever in the area. some guy keeps these old navy planes in his yard. will post the series soon, but was wondering if you prefer the black and white or color? I will likely follow the same theme for the series.
Thanks for your input.

483233899_i8VgN-L.jpg

483235511_cKTXo-L.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    The guy must have a big yard :D

Can't decide if I like the BW or Color better as I like them both. Color tho gives you much more to see in the photo. Then again BW adds a mood to the death of the plane.

Can't wait to see more :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    B&W - add a bit more contrast and a little grain and you'll have a winner!
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Thanks, I think I like the B&W better, too. I went back this morning for some additional shots. I didn't have my strobe with me yesterday, and didn't feel the series would be complete without a shot inside the cockpit of one of the planes. BTW, I didn't see any No Trespassing signs on the barbed wire fence :) I'll post some more in a few days when I've processed them.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Hi Chris,

Nice shot...I think I like the color version the best. In years past, I shot a bunch of photos of this guy's planes. way before the undergrowth got so bad. He also used to have more planes then are there now.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • ElliotElliot Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    cool shot...don't see many things like that round my way.

I prefer the B&W. Would dropping the greens and yellows in the mix bring out the plane a bit more?