edited March 2, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Is it chaotic enough??

3320201059_4192f5a2e0_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    Is it chaotic enough??

Yeah, it's chaotic. A nice first try, too. Good work.

What's the "Things Wooden" sign? That's a bit distracting. And is this possibly over sharpened? Looks like you have some halos on the wires. But that may just be me.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    JackieHollowJackieHollow Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Yeah, it's chaotic. A nice first try, too. Good work.

What's the "Things Wooden" sign? That's a bit distracting. And is this possibly over sharpened? Looks like you have some halos on the wires. But that may just be me.

Thanks Jeff! I meant to clone out that sign, and forgot while I had it in PS. I'll do that. Oversharpen may have occured when I resized for web. I will double check but other than the clarity slider in LR, I don't think I did any sharpening until I sharpened for web.

The work here is just so great, I wasn't sure if I was even gonna try. Laughing.gif
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 1, 2009
    I am glad you did join in the fun! Yes I agree that the sign should be removed...but this certainly displays the theme in my opinion!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    I am glad you did join in the fun! Yes I agree that the sign should be removed...but this certainly displays the theme in my opinion!thumb.gif

Thanks!! I'm working on removing the sign. That's not an easy sign to get rid of. haha
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    I agree that the sign is a bit of a distraction. But it might not be all that bad depending on how you view the photo. It's sitting right next to the wooden poles. So, "Things Wooden" sort of fits in to the composition. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    This was a tough clone job for me!! Anyone feel free to CC it pretty toughly. Oh I also didn't sharpen for web to try and get rid of the oversharpness of it. Thanks everyone!

3322283617_9132b724c5_o.jpg
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    I definately prefer this one, the halos around some of the wires are gone.
    Your clone job on the sign isn't bad but I would look to extend the telegraph pole down to meet its bottom section, at the moment it is cut in two by the clone of the sign.

Peter
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    A very nice display of chaos! I too noticed the telephone pole that has a section missing. Other than that, it looks good!
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    Ooooh I can see how it looks like that. It actually goes behind the log that comes in front of it. I may try and clean that up where it doesn't look so cut in two. Or I suppose I could always just move the pole to in front of that log. Thanks!! :)

Then again.... looking back maybe it wasn't supposed to go behind. I need to look at my original. ROFL

Edited to say I replaced it with a cloned pole. Laughing.gif Y'all were right! =))