First try at Flora

AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited March 2, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This is my first attempt at Flora and it sure tells. I really have no clue as to compositions lighting methods etc when it comes to Flora. These are a couple of different treatments I tried not sure if any of them work.
Any tips, pointers, CC, Feedback on any area greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking

Ray Still

1goodflowerbw1fm.jpg

2goodflowerbw1skylightfm.jpg

[/FONT]

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This is my first attempt at Flora and it sure tells. I really have no clue as to compositions lighting methods etc when it comes to Flora. These are a couple of different treatments I tried not sure if any of them work.
    Any tips, pointers, CC, Feedback on any area greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for looking

Ray Still
    [/FONT]

Hi Ray,

What a lovely bunch of flowers you picked, I like the tones you applied to the second shot.

I would have liked to have seen the entire vase in the shot,
    and I also think you cropped a little too tight.

You've got your shot smack bang in the middle, says me who used to do this allllllll the time too nod.gif

I feel you need some empty space either to the left or to the right of the flowers to balance it out more,
    also enough space so that the actual flower arrangement doesn't appear to be cut off.

Love your processing, you have the sharpness and the light down pat clap.gif
    Both the Black background and the slight Sepia Tone work well.

Hopefully others will leave you some comments about your image,
    what I have said here is my opinion only, others may disagree with what I said.

Looking good Ray clap.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin