Price List

kdgrapeskdgrapes Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited October 2, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there an easy way to export the price list so that it can be printed an handed out? I've been asked if there is something I could email to a group of people and I also thought it would be an easy wasy to do some planning before posting prices to the site.

I tried a right click and export to excel but only get a few lines with everything running across the row or it exports but everything is a single column.

Thanks in advance!
Ken Grapes

www.photograpes.com
photograpes.smugmug.com

Comments

• SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    kdgrapes wrote:
    Is there an easy way to export the price list so that it can be printed an handed out? I've been asked if there is something I could email to a group of people and I also thought it would be an easy wasy to do some planning before posting prices to the site.

I tried a right click and export to excel but only get a few lines with everything running across the row or it exports but everything is a single column.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ken,

I opened the price page on my site, selected print and saved it as a pdf. The full price list was saved and you could email the price list to your clients. It's not a perfect solution but try it and see if it suits your needs.

Shay.
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Seamus wrote:
    Hi Ken,

I opened the price page on my site, selected print and saved it as a pdf. The full price list was saved and you could email the price list to your clients. It's not a perfect solution but try it and see if it suits your needs.

Shay.

I tried that, too, but I ended up trashing the idea because 1. it was listed as default--portfolio--profit (just didn't like the way that was set up), and 2. some pages were missing from my pdf and the same ones would not save when trying again.
    I did this when logged in and under Tools-->Set Prices. I tried to do the same thing logged out and using the Buy Photo interface, but it did not work.
    Any pointers?
  • kdgrapeskdgrapes Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Update
    chrismoore wrote:
    I tried that, too, but I ended up trashing the idea because 1. it was listed as default--portfolio--profit (just didn't like the way that was set up), and 2. some pages were missing from my pdf and the same ones would not save when trying again.
    I did this when logged in and under Tools-->Set Prices. I tried to do the same thing logged out and using the Buy Photo interface, but it did not work.
    Any pointers?

I have finally gone back in, held down the left-click button and dragged/selected the items. I then did a copy, opened Excel and then pasted the information. That got most of it. Then I had to split each cost into two cells since it bring the corrected/uncorrected price. It was ugly and took a while but I've got it now. I imagine the problem is the scripting used to display the information.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Ken Grapes

www.photograpes.com
    photograpes.smugmug.com
  • dudsduds Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    I'm glad this thread exists... Does anyone know of a more "legit" way? I would love to be able to export a price list for a client.

Thanks...
    Matt Dudley
    Matt Dudley Photography
    Nashville child photographer
    Twitter: @mattdudleyphoto
    Facebook: facebook.com/mattdudleyphotography
  • LightPlane PhotoLightPlane Photo Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Bump... I'd really like to see this capability to!!!