Old Shed - HDR + Texture

jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited March 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Shot this old shed as an HDR then applied a texture I shot on location from astained concrete water tank.

483224608_CdCTb-L.jpg
Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    I really like HDR generally, and I like this shot.thumb.gif The upper right corner is a bit over done, in my opinion, with action/treatment.
  • jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Thanks for the comment Dan, glad you liked it. Funny how different people can responsd completely different to the same image.

For my taste and for the overall mood of the image my favorite part of the image is how the texture I applied came out in the upper right.

Jason
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    jstpeter wrote:
    Shot this old shed as an HDR then applied a texture I shot on location from astained concrete water tank.

I want to see more colour, I really like the scene, but I for some reason want to see that little shed POP as well as the fence and it doesn't.

What was the HDR version like without the texture applied?

Sky looks a bit odd on the top right hand side of the image.

I like the scene but not sure I like the texture added to it.

I'd love to see this same scene with lots of colour nod.gif

Yup I love the scene thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Skippy, reading your post was sort of like riding a roller coaster :D. I appreciate the response.

I do have the photo with and without the texutre and photo filters. If you are looking for pop that photo has it but the color drew me away from the emotions I was trying to convey. It still resides on my hard drive so when I have a moment I will post for you all to look at both versions.