Options

Cs4

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited March 7, 2009 in Finishing School
I'm thinking of upgrading to CS4 and I've read that when you make your edits the slider will show up in your layers. That is cool, but does it carry over when you save it as a psd? So....when you open it again to work on a photo is the slider still there in the layers side panel to use to make corrections? My question sounds confusing...sorry about that, but if you have it you will know what I'm asking.

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I'm thinking of upgrading to CS4 and I've read that when you make your edits the slider will show up in your layers. That is cool, but does it carry over when you save it as a psd? So....when you open it again to work on a photo is the slider still there in the layers side panel to use to make corrections? My question sounds confusing...sorry about that, but if you have it you will know what I'm asking.

Yes! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Yes! :D

Yippie --- Thanks!
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Yippie --- Thanks!

Hey Mary,
    I have just got CS4 upgraded from CS3 and what do you mean exactly when you say about the slider which slider are you referring to. I am a novice at this so please excuse me and what are your edits? I have never used these.
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    Hey Mary,
    I have just got CS4 upgraded from CS3 and what do you mean exactly when you say about the slider which slider are you referring to. I am a novice at this so please excuse me and what are your edits? I have never used these.

I was referring to the slider box that will show up next to the particular adjustment you made. When you make an adjustment to a photo it will show up on your Layers section to the right of the photo. Attached next to that adjustment will then be a box with the slider. I can then click on that box and it will pop up the particular adjustment I made so I can make changes. I like the fact that it keeps my adjustments there for view and it saves it there when I save my edits to psd. I can reopen my photo later and actually see my adjustments. With CS3 you could never do that. When I posted my question I wanted to know if that slider box saved when I saved the photo to psd and then was there when I re-opened my photo.

Right now I just edit with Levels alittle, add some saturation, play with the blacks some and yes...I get rid of those dang dust bunnies that seem to love my lenses rolleyes1.gif I don't do much else yet. Probably should tho as my photos show how much of a new photographer/photo editer that I am. I started out with PS4 and my older photographs on my site really show it. I hope to re-do them soon.

How do you like CS4? I got busy and didn't order mine yet. Have you checked out NAPP? I'm a novice too so I signed up for it a month or so ago and have learned so much on there. Check it out if you have some time: www.photoshopuser.com
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I was referring to the slider box that will show up next to the particular adjustment you made. When you make an adjustment to a photo it will show up on your Layers section to the right of the photo. Attached next to that adjustment will then be a box with the slider. I can then click on that box and it will pop up the particular adjustment I made so I can make changes. I like the fact that it keeps my adjustments there for view and it saves it there when I save my edits to psd. I can reopen my photo later and actually see my adjustments. With CS3 you could never do that. When I posted my question I wanted to know if that slider box saved when I saved the photo to psd and then was there when I re-opened my photo.

Right now I just edit with Levels alittle, add some saturation, play with the blacks some and yes...I get rid of those dang dust bunnies that seem to love my lenses rolleyes1.gif I don't do much else yet. Probably should tho as my photos show how much of a new photographer/photo editer that I am. I started out with PS4 and my older photographs on my site really show it. I hope to re-do them soon.

How do you like CS4? I got busy and didn't order mine yet. Have you checked out NAPP? I'm a novice too so I signed up for it a month or so ago and have learned so much on there. Check it out if you have some time: www.photoshopuser.com

Thanks for replying Mary, I understand exactly what you are saying and I must say I love CS4 and the new new tools. I think the dodge tools are exceptionally good and an improvement on CS3. The only time I return to CS3 now is if I want to use various plugins for example Pearly Whites etc etc. For some reason I cannot get them onto CS4 I have tried several times and although the plugin are in the CS4 folder withing Program files I still cannot get them to work in CS4. I will certainly have a look at NAPP thanks once again for your kind hekp.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks for replying Mary, I understand exactly what you are saying and I must say I love CS4 and the new new tools. I think the dodge tools are exceptionally good and an improvement on CS3. The only time I return to CS3 now is if I want to use various plugins for example Pearly Whites etc etc. For some reason I cannot get them onto CS4 I have tried several times and although the plugin are in the CS4 folder withing Program files I still cannot get them to work in CS4. I will certainly have a look at NAPP thanks once again for your kind hekp.
    Regards
    Bob

You are so welcome :D
  • Options
    AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    canon400d wrote:

[..]

The only time I return to CS3 now is if I want to use various plugins for example Pearly Whites etc etc. For some reason I cannot get them onto CS4 I have tried several times and although the plugin are in the CS4 folder withing Program files I still cannot get them to work in CS4.

[..]
    Bob: Have you tried putting your plug-ins* into a totally fresh folder somewhere else on your system (I have a plugin folder on a different drive for example) and then pointing to that folder in the CS4 preferences? It seems to work well.

* note: I am only referring to the extra plugins, not the default set that came with CS4 of course.

Anthony.
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2009
    Anthony wrote:
    Bob: Have you tried putting your plug-ins* into a totally fresh folder somewhere else on your system (I have a plugin folder on a different drive for example) and then pointing to that folder in the CS4 preferences? It seems to work well.

* note: I am only referring to the extra plugins, not the default set that came with CS4 of course.

Anthony.

Crikey me Anthony you are right well I never you have come to my assitance once again which I truly appreciate.
    Regards
    Bob