DSS #20 thought

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited March 2, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took this shot this weekend and wonder what feeling other people get from it. I wonder if my interpretation of it is clouded by the feeling I got from the day as a whole... let's just say, if you wanted to go to the beach in Februrary, there's never been a better day to do it than this past Saturday! :D

483769918_zSvsw-L.jpg

I tried some very soft, low contrast processing, just to be a little different...
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 2, 2009
    well Chris...the theme is seen in this. However to be honest in my opinion...it seems to be bland. Any reshoots in the horizon?
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    well Chris...the theme is seen in this. However to be honest in my opinion...it seems to be bland. Any reshoots in the horizon?

Thanks for the response Jag... there are others from the night that I'm about to look through... This one was sort of an experiment, hence the super-low contrast and softness... but I'll be the first to admit it doesn't match what I had planned when I set out that night... I may be able to get out for another shot this week, hopefully I can capture what I've got in mind...
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    some direct light will help...
    as you have it one could beleive the FG is Sand or Water or Fog or.....or...

i think its is to soft... the rock bank would look mucho better with some definition.... IMO
    Aaron Nelson
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    some direct light will help...
    as you have it one could beleive the FG is Sand or Water or Fog or.....or...

i think its is to soft... the rock bank would look mucho better with some definition.... IMO

Thanks Aaron...
    I'll try some different conversions on this one when I get home, I was hoping the overall softness would give it a serene kind of feeling, but the more I look at it, I think I'm trying to shoehorn in that thought... Maybe some reprocessing will get this one back in line with the challenge... but then again, any reason to go out shooting is a good one, even a reshoot!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos