SOLD: Mint 17-55 2.8 IS

tanglefoot47tanglefoot47 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited March 27, 2009 in House of Canon
(((((LENS IS GONE)))))))))I just recently picked this mint, sharp, awesome 17-55 2.8 IS that comes with box, manual, B+W UV. This lens is around a year and half old but sure doesn't look it. I see no dust as it has had the filter on it from day one Correction today under very bright sun I did notice some very small hard to see dust. this is very minor and without the sun I did not see any dust. From the samples I have seen of this lens and dust this is nothing like the others I have seen. I just wanted to cover all bases about disclosing this. Forgot it also has a canon hood but it's has some scuff marks on it. It was bought used but besides the scuffs it's in great condition very solid unlike the HK specials

See here http://smugmug.com/gallery/7509397_6H3WD#44850080_XS7nQ Added more photo's all shot at 2.8 no PS

I would also like a trade for a Canon 24-70 2.8 plus some money from me. But the lens would have to be in like condition and around the same age but a UW or UV would be great

My price is $835 shipped. NEW PRICE NOW $810 I would also sell for $790 with echeck or MO

Selling because I want a longer focal length

Thank you
Mike:barb

Comments

• tanglefoot47tanglefoot47 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    I just recently picked this mint, sharp, awesome 17-55 2.8 IS that comes with box, manual, B+W UV. This lens is around a year and half old but sure doesn't look it. I see no dust as it has had the filter on it from day one Correction today under very bright sun I did notice some very small hard to see dust. this is very minor and without the sun I did not see any dust. From the samples I have seen of this lens and dust this is nothing like the others I have seen. I just wanted to cover all bases about disclosing this. Forgot it also has a canon hood but it's has some scuff marks on it. It was bought used but besides the scuffs it's in great condition very solid unlike the HK specials

See here http://smugmug.com/gallery/7509397_6H3WD#44850080_XS7nQ Added more photo's all shot at 2.8 no PS

I would also like a trade for a Canon 24-70 2.8 plus some money from me. But the lens would have to be in like condition and around the same age but a UW or UV would be great

My price is $835 shipped.

Selling because I want a longer focal length

Thank you
    Mikewings.gif

I have added some pictures I just shot at 2.8 no PS
  • 1downfall1downfall Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    lens
    I have added some pictures I just shot at 2.8 no PS
    Hey there Mike. What is the date code of your 17-55? Also, do you have actual pics of the lens? for me, the link you posted brought up the smugmug site with no pics in the album. thanks
    Bill
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    1downfall wrote:
    Hey there Mike. What is the date code of your 17-55? Also, do you have actual pics of the lens? for me, the link you posted brought up the smugmug site with no pics in the album. thanks
    Bill
    FWIW - I know 1downfall IRL - deal with confidence!
  • TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    I believe this lens was traded on 3/7.... between the LENS GONE, TRADED in the title, and the edit comment that it is traded. Just a friendly fyi. :D
    7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4
  • 1downfall1downfall Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    FWIW - I know 1downfall IRL - deal with confidence!
    Scott, I really appreciate that! BTW...I just picked one up!! ty