DSS #20, a first time challenge entry... maybe??

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited March 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Since I usually only have opportunity to take pictures of people I thought this might qualify as a serenity photo. A soon to be dad trying to listen to his unborn baby's heart. What do you think? Is the crop/conversion ok for a challenge?? Not quite sure what they are looking for on these things....

484247001_N7qYS-XL.jpg
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    I really like it. I think the conversion is very nice.
    For my taste, it could be cropped off the bottom to just where the crease of the dad's arm pit starts. Beautiful serene image.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Thank you very much for the responses and suggestions. Will give it a try!
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Very nice conversion....Nice shot, imo the pic could be cropped from top and bottom, armpits on both ends. The look of the soon to be dad is very nice!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Absolutely - why not?

Sweet capture. I agree - play with the crop. COnversion is beautiful - wish mine ever came out that well!
  • BillyTomBillyTom Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    This is a great shot Sandy....I agree with the crop, but other than that it's a keeper!! clap.gif
    Bill James
    www.BillJamesPhotography.com
    Attempting to find beauty in the simple things!! :huh
    Nikon D80 - Nikkor 55-200 4-5.6 VR &
    Nikkor 18-70 3.5-4.5
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    Thanks so much for the crop suggestions. Is this better??ne_nau.gif a little different conversion too.

485428616_NqsHP-XL.jpg
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    His expression says it all. Nice shot.

peace, g
  • 300m300m Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    very nice shot. I like the conversion also
  • billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    thumb.gif Nice shot. I wonder how it would look as a high key? Maybe with a black background ? I like it as is just wondering what a dark background and a little more contrast would look like.
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.