Options

Cheap 8 gig SDHC cards

philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
edited March 4, 2009 in Accessories
http://woot.com Has 8 gig sdhc cards. 2 for 19.99. Get up to 6 cards for $5 shipping.

Oh yeah this only lasts until 11:59pm tuesday mst.
-Philip
If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
-Willy Wonka

Comments

• Options
    XenocratesXenocrates Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 3, 2009
    http://woot.com Has 8 gig sdhc cards. 2 for 19.99. Get up to 6 cards for $5 shipping.

-Philip

Keep in mind that these are only Class 4 SDHC cards. It's a good deal, but these aren't the fastest cards available.
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009

-Philip

Thanks for the heads up! I wound up picking up a pile of them.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,815 moderator
    edited March 3, 2009
    Xenocrates wrote:
    Keep in mind that these are only Class 4 SDHC cards. It's a good deal, but these aren't the fastest cards available.

Xenocrates, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Thanks for your comments.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Blast - they've already sold out :cry

Btw, I have some of the 2g version of this card, and they've been fine. Granted, I don't shoot things that need a terribly fast card, but they've been fine to upload to the computer and i"ve had no problems with the smaller version. FWIW.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,815 moderator
    edited March 3, 2009
    Cheap cards sound like a great deal until you lose data from them. I recommend only SanDisk and Lexar for the most important images.

I will use other cards if I'm just "knocking around".

Last winter season my father lost all of the images on a card and he had not backed it off for a couple of months. Yes, it was a cheap card but it didn't seem to be much of a value after the loss.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Cheap cards sound like a great deal until you lose data from them. I recommend only SanDisk and Lexar for the most important images.

I will use other cards if I'm just "knocking around".

Last winter season my father lost all of the images on a card and he had not backed it off for a couple of months. Yes, it was a cheap card but it didn't seem to be much of a value after the loss.

I should have said in expensive. Kingston is a reliable brand. But I still only have SanDisk cf cards in my bag.
    xenocrates: Your right these are not that fast. I forget that the newer pro cameras have SD slots. I was thinking for those people that have the g10 and other point and shoots.

-Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Pretty good deal, basically buy 1- get 1 free (2 from woot for the price of 1 from amazon). The problem is that these tuesday deals sell out FAST, especially when it is a memory card. The sale started at 10PM PST and was sold out in less than 12 hours.

And that is true, they are only class 4 but still great for picture frames and camera "emergency" cards.

Of course card prices are coming down almost every day. mwink.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Blast - they've already sold out :cry

Btw, I have some of the 2g version of this card, and they've been fine. Granted, I don't shoot things that need a terribly fast card, but they've been fine to upload to the computer and i"ve had no problems with the smaller version. FWIW.

I will likely be selling one of my packs. My husband was not pleased when I told him that I ordered 3 of these packs when he thinks I need 1 (MAYBE 2). I'll post it when I get them.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    I picked up Sansdisc 8gb sdhc at Office depot for 14.99 the other day I do not know how long they were on sale
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/