I can never get enough - rust that is!

R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
edited March 5, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Hi, another couple of shots from my friends 'junk heap' (treasure trove). What really interested me about this wheel hub was the craftsmanship - I would guess it would have to be about 100 years old.

3324823491_fc11950d91_b.jpg

This old lamp has seen better days - I used to take one when I went night fishing - bit of a struggle to get going but once you did they gave off a fantastic light - as well as a fair amount of heat - always having to replace the mantle.

3330005963_517b4b5311_b.jpg

Thanks for looking - C&C always welcome.

Cheers, Richard.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    R.Jay wrote:
    Hi, another couple of shots from my friends 'junk heap' (treasure trove). What really interested me about this wheel hub was the craftsmanship - I would guess it would have to be about 100 years old.

This old lamp has seen better days - I used to take one when I went night fishing - bit of a struggle to get going but once you did they gave off a fantastic light - as well as a fair amount of heat - always having to replace the mantle.

Thanks for looking - C&C always welcome.

Cheers, Richard.

Great shot Richard clap.gif What's the wheel off?
    I can even see lichen growing on the wood nod.gif

Rust just screams to be photographed.

The shot of the Lamp has some weird kind of artifact happening around the top half of the image .... lots of dots ne_nau.gif

I can't see them in the first shot, just throughout the second shot.
    Am I the only one who sees them?

I think most people today would not cope with living the way they did back then, we are wayyyyyyy too dependant on machines doing things for us.

Nice work Richard thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Great shot Richard clap.gif What's the wheel off?
    I can even see lichen growing on the wood nod.gif

Rust just screams to be photographed.

The shot of the Lamp has some weird kind of artifact happening around the top half of the image .... lots of dots ne_nau.gif

I can't see them in the first shot, just throughout the second shot.
    Am I the only one who sees them?

I think most people today would not cope with living the way they did back then, we are wayyyyyyy too dependant on machines doing things for us.

Nice work Richard thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Hi Skippy, Thanks for your comments.

The wheel is off an old seeder - must have been quite a contraption when it was fully functional. The wheel hub must be made out of Wandoo - no sign of termite attack.

I see what you mean about the lamp - I have posted a better version (I hope!)
    Cheers, Richard.