23215550-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Wow That Looks Fun
    Taken on the New River.
    I love that part of the country:D
    I don't think I would be game enough to do it, watch it yes, do it NO eek7.gif
    I like the first picture rolleyes1.gif see how happy they all look :D unsuspecting rolleyes1.gif don't have a clue what's coming up rolleyes1.gif yeahhhhh that first picture would suck anyone in for sure :lol :lol4

Great series of shots on your part.....were you quickly running along the bank after them?? .......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited May 28, 2005
    Rafting is a lot of fun. This looks like a fairly tame stretch of water with a
    couple of nice rapids thrown in.

Only problem with the shots is they lack faces. If you station yourself a bit
    farther down the river, you'd get faces and some fun action. Plus, I bet once
    and a while, someone dumps the raft :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Those are cool. i like it, white water rafting is fun, and that shows it. they are really sharp too. I like 2, 4 and i think its 7 and then the last one the most. good job.
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    I agree
    ian408 wrote:

Ian
    I used to do whitewatewr rafting (up to 6+ :-) and last years I was a dedicated camera man (meaning - I didn't have to do any ground work like setting up the camp or taking shifts by the kitchen fire - but it was my responibility to take pictures and movies).

Best position for shooting rapids is down the stream. Preferably with the good tele zoom lens. If you have a teammate, you can set one position next to the "jump point" (but still a bit downstream), but your primary location should be "down facing up"

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    ian408 wrote:

Ian
    You got to it before me.

Faces are great, people make some of the best expressions while participating in sports. Go out and grab em.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    Really excellent shots John. I did some white water rafting a few years back (well more than a few) and it was fantastic.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"