Snow in southwest Georgia

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited March 4, 2009 in Landscapes
It snowed Sunday in Americus, GA. This is a picture of an abandoned chicken house during the height of the "blizzard". Thanks for your comments and criticisms.

483296238_Ny2qG-M-2.jpg

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    I wonder if a B&W conversion would help. The diarrhea-red mud is pretty off-putting, IMHO.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    The diarrhea-red mud is pretty off-putting, IMHO.

I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion. BTW, that is the REAL color of Georgia red clay rolleyes1.gifrofl
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion. BTW, that is the REAL color of Georgia red clay rolleyes1.gifrofl

Oh, don't I know. I lived in that muck in the early 80's. That's where I developed the name for the stuff when it was wet. mwink.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited March 3, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    I wonder if a B&W conversion would help. The diarrhea-red mud is pretty off-putting, IMHO.
    OK, what ya' think now?

484757857_9dnii-M.jpg
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Snow in Georgia? Interesting...
    These are both pretty nice. I actually prefer the color shot because the hint of green in grass looks kind of cool. Did you happen to get any shots without the road?
    edited March 3, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    Snow in Georgia? Interesting...
    These are both pretty nice. I actually prefer the color shot because the hint of green in grass looks kind of cool. Did you happen to get any shots without the road?

No I didn't. Actually the picture that's posted here shows the least amount of road in the "series". Should I have cropped tighter when I shot it?

Thanks!
  • JustPlainMeJustPlainMe Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    I have to take exception, I definitely prefer the color. When you recognize that mud, and know where it is, it make the juxtaposition of location/snow even sharper. Interesting shot!
    Please ignore my opinions! And if I ask for constructive criticism, please give it to me. I have really thick skin! :huh
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    I have to take exception, I definitely prefer the color. When you recognize that mud, and know where it is, it make the juxtaposition of location/snow even sharper. Interesting shot!

I agree. That red mud definitely screams Georgia. Nice shot.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    No I didn't. Actually the picture that's posted here shows the least amount of road in the "series". Should I have cropped tighter when I shot it?

Thanks!

I don't mind the road too much. I was just wondering if you had another shot without the road to use as a comparison.
    What you've got here works just fine in my opinion. :D
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    I actually prefer the B/W version, it much less distracting as it blends in with the composition better. IMHO