Another portrait session

Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
edited March 4, 2009 in People
I met this model via a local ad I had placed. She showed up with 7 outfits and 5 hours later I was blown away by the energy she brought to the studio. It was such a pleasure to work with her. This is just one of many shots that I was happy with. But as always this is a learning process for me. My theory is the more models I photograph, the better I will become.

Basically a 2 light setup, 1 main softbox to her right and a smaller hair light to her top left. I also tend to get a nice reflection off the floor as well.

How can I improve it next time ?

Cheers

Dave

484843417_papbw-XL.jpg
Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
that has added up over the years :wink

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    I'd love to see more of her. Great attitude and energy here.

Something about this crop doesn't work for me. I think there is just too much emphasis on the reflection on the floor which detracts from her face and pose. I think you could cut the bottom 25% and have a much stronger photo.
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Thanks Mitchell, the crop was something I wasnt sure of...As far as energy and attitude, she definitley had it..There are a ton more photos of her coming..We spent 5 hours in the studio and went thru 5 outfits..
    First time I have worked with someone who was able to "bring it" like this.

Cheers

Dave
    Mitchell wrote:
    I'd love to see more of her. Great attitude and energy here.

Something about this crop doesn't work for me. I think there is just too much emphasis on the reflection on the floor which detracts from her face and pose. I think you could cut the bottom 25% and have a much stronger photo.
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Very nice. Looking forward the seeing others.
    LadyTX