Yet another photo of Monument Valley

dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
edited March 5, 2009 in Landscapes
Here's my latest b&w. I took this one a couple of years ago and just got around to converting it. Thanks for looking.

473677574_uuRhe-XL-2.jpg
Monument Valley, AZ

Comments

• GventureGventure Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    wow
    Wow. I can feel the openess of the place from your shot. Great composition to start with and great conversion. From my adventure travels I sometimes like my motorcycle or Rover in the shot - in this case, because I have no personal interest in the vehicle, I'd clone it out BUT, I still think this is a great photo.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    A gorgeous capture of an awe-inspiring place. I never get tired of looking at it!

I like your b/w conversions a lot, of course. thumb.gif
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Gventure wrote:
    Wow. I can feel the openess of the place from your shot. Great composition to start with and great conversion. From my adventure travels I sometimes like my motorcycle or Rover in the shot - in this case, because I have no personal interest in the vehicle, I'd clone it out BUT, I still think this is a great photo.

Thanks Gventure!
    I thought about cloning out the car, but decided the leave it in to give the scene a sense of scale.
    edited March 4, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    A gorgeous capture of an awe-inspiring place. I never get tired of looking at it!

I like your b/w conversions a lot, of course. thumb.gif

Thanks Steph!
    :D
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 4, 2009
    I totally dig this. The height at which you shot it it really gives it a different look. One I very much like.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited March 5, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    I totally dig this. The height at which you shot it it really gives it a different look. One I very much like.

Thanks Ian!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 5, 2009
    Boy, if that's not a classic, I don't know what is. I keep looking for the wagon train or Indian village in that shot. :D
  • DustiferDustifer Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    One reason I really like this shot is because I'm a big fan of b & w photos. Not only does it show the textures of the landscape so well, it really adds to the stark atmosphere of this beautiful place. Looks as though this landscape goes on and on forever.thumb.gif
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    -Mark Twain

http://dustifer.smugmug.com/
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    That is an awesome photo, and B&W is the perfect choice. I'll never understand how people let photos like this sit for a few years :D