Fishtank

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited March 4, 2009 in People
Something about this shot seems to work, but at the same time, it seems like there's something missing...just didn't quite "nail" the shot. Any suggestions?

483301465_F4m59-M-1.jpg

Thanks for the help!
Jerry Nelson
Koinonia Farm
Americus, GA

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    On a web-page, it looks like two photos - it's the context.

Printed, I don't know how it would come across.

What seems, to me at least, to be missing is a connection between the children and the contents of the fish tank - the corner of the tank does a great job of creating a huge disconnect (not a good thing in this case).

And, the one fish I can make out in the take is quite small and seems to be blurry.

There's some reflections on/in the glass of the tank as well. One huge one above the water-line and another about 1/2 down. Big detractors.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 4, 2009
    On a web-page, it looks like two photos - it's the context.

Printed, I don't know how it would come across.

What seems, to me at least, to be missing is a connection between the children and the contents of the fish tank - the corner of the tank does a great job of creating a huge disconnect (not a good thing in this case).

And, the one fish I can make out in the take is quite small and seems to be blurry.

There's some reflections on/in the glass of the tank as well. One huge one above the water-line and another about 1/2 down. Big detractors.

15524779-Ti.gif Scott nailed it. There's no connection. It would have helped if you could see the rest of the elbow or the hand through the tank, but you would need to re-shoot.
  • jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    OK, thanks much! I'll keep this in mind for future shots.

Blessings