DSS#20 - first timer

nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited March 4, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
The floods that hit Iowa last summer left a lot of lasting damage. The tree in this picture was carried down river by the floods when the river was high. It's final resting place was on what's left of the concrete stairway that it helped destroy. I was standing on the tree when I took the picture, about 4ft. above ground with 25ft of the tree still behind me.

Any C&C on the composition and PP would be greatly appreciated.

"Flood":
484802300_ZvS88-XL.jpg

Brian

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    I think this is a very nice shot. Interesting composition that is different from what a lot of others have done. I like it. If I could do one thing to it I would try to pull a little more contrast out of the top half of the image.
    Great job!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    I think it is a really neat image. I like the broken pillars from the patio...

But one thing I am worried about is the date you took the photo. From your dialogue it sounds as though you took it last summer during the flooding. If you check the rules, the photos have to be fresh taken within the contest period.

I hope that is not the case since this is a great entry.
    :D
  • nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    I think it is a really neat image. I like the broken pillars from the patio...

But one thing I am worried about is the date you took the photo. From your dialogue it sounds as though you took it last summer during the flooding. If you check the rules, the photos have to be fresh taken within the contest period.

I hope that is not the case since this is a great entry.
    :D

Sorry. I should have been more specific. The picture was taken yesterday. The floods left a lasting impact. The water beyond the stairs is actually frozen, and part of the tree is sitting on ice. I have a lot of other "candidates" that were of the bridge and the ice dams and log jams that are up against them, but they seem too dirty and cluttered.