Daughter's First HS career goal in LAX

BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
edited March 6, 2009 in Sports
Last year my daughter made the HS Varsity team as a freshman...during her playing days in youth lacrosse she played defender 99% of the time and scored maybe two goals in the 3 or 4 years she played. As a freshman last year she started in all but one game and played defender 100% of the time, but the team graduated 10 seniors last year. She has great stick skills but loves playing defense...this year they need her on offense. Last night was her first game playing primarily on the offensive end of the field and she took about four shots on goal scoring once. (I did a poor job with lighting last night...tried listening to you guys, but didn't do enough homework first):scratch:scratch:scratch

Here she is putting a move on the defender on the way to the goal
485042420_9RqPv-L.jpg

Here is the shot...She made hers..I missed mine:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash:bash

485042517_fmtGe-L.jpg
That's her white stick head on the left......and on the right is the ball bouncing off the goalie pads and heading for the net.

Here is another shot on goal that she missed...I was closer to making the shot, but I still got a lot of work to do.
485036632_ap94s-L.jpg

The rest of my shots from last night are as poor as these:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Congrats to her on the goal.

What gear are you using for these?
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    These were shot with a Canon Rebel & Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 lense...I can not blame this on the equipment (maybe the ISO being limited to 1600), but this was mostly operator error.
  • tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Congrats to the daughter! and there is nothing like missing the shot to motivate you to improve! @ ISO 1600 you'll be hard pressed to get GREAT shots under outdoor lighting, but the angle you have for the last shot show you can get more than serviceable shots! Keep up the shooting and tell your daughter way to go!
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    These were shot with a Canon Rebel & Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 lense...I can not blame this on the equipment (maybe the ISO being limited to 1600), but this was mostly operator error.

Congrats to your daughter, I know you are proudclap.gif . Just keep diggin' man, the more you shoot the better you will get. I look at my shots from the night and say what can I do better the next time? Then go out and try to do it. I had a Rebel XT for 3 years shot under poor lights whenever I could. Then when I got a camera that could handled higher ISO and such. I well just kept diggin..
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    I hope you "saw" your daughter's first scoring shot in a way that you will always be able to remember it. Usually when we're shooting, we aren't really "seeing" at all in terms of the actual game. In any case, you are one up on me -- I wasn't even at my son's game last year when he scored his first (and only) college goal before going out for the season with injuries. :cry