PB Pier

GKR1GKR1 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited March 5, 2009 in Landscapes
Few from last Sunday walkabout. I like #1.

483548818_6NXNs-XL.jpg

483538809_enuGM-XL.jpg

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    I like #2 better....good work.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    nice shot, I also like #2
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    And I make three for number two: It has more going for it. I like the texture in the water and sand, all three buildings on the pier and the full area of the sun behond the clouds. It's a beautiful shot. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    I agree on #2! The texture of the sand in the lower right pulls my eye right up to the pier and the sunset! Great shots! thumb.gif

Makes me wonder why I haven't gotten off my butt and shot at the PB Pier yet! headscratch.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 5, 2009
    #2. thumb.gif

What's PB? Pismo Beach? ne_nau.gif

-joel
  • GKR1GKR1 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    #2. thumb.gif

What's PB? Pismo Beach? ne_nau.gif

-joel

Joel PB aka Pacific Beach.

Seems like the majprity like #2, it is my fav too now.:D
  • GKR1GKR1 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    I agree on #2! The texture of the sand in the lower right pulls my eye right up to the pier and the sunset! Great shots! thumb.gif

Makes me wonder why I haven't gotten off my butt and shot at the PB Pier yet! headscratch.gif

Chris, I think the reason is a crowded beach town and to close to home.
    This was my second time out there in 8 years, I go to PB but not to take pictuers.

I think I'll hit up laguna mountains next trip out to do some star trails, I saw your post in the other thread going camping. Are there any good camping grounds for star trail shots locally?
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    GKR1 wrote:
    Chris, I think the reason is a crowded beach town and to close to home.
    This was my second time out there in 8 years, I go to PB but not to take pictuers.

I think I'll hit up laguna mountains next trip out to do some star trails, I saw your post in the other thread going camping. Are there any good camping grounds for star trail shots locally?

Very true... it does get annoyingly crowded down there...

Locally... I'm not sure... I haven't shot any good star trails yet, myself, but general wisdom I've picked up is to try to be as far from population as you can, avoiding any "light polution." My first outing will be to Anza Borrego and then near the end of the month I'm heading up to Joshua Tree for a few nights... Hopefully I'll be far enough out to get away from most of the city lights!

[Edit] the Laguana Mountains area isn't too far from where I'll be in Anza... I imagine you'll get similar results there... I know there's camping there in Cuyamaca State Park, I just haven't stayed there yet... get's chilly due to the elevation, but perhaps this summer I'll stay for a few nights out there...
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos