Can't find tablet

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited March 19, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
My Mac isn't able to connect to my tablet, it finds it, and makes some sort of communication, but then can't actually connect to make it work!? any ideas:dunno

Comments

• cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    I'm kinda at my witts end, and went to their support email. I've downloaded drivers, tried different options with the passkeys etc. Still no luck. Waiting the 24-48 hours for their support system!rolleyes1.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    cdonovan wrote:
    I'm kinda at my witts end, and went to their support email. I've downloaded drivers, tried different options with the passkeys etc. Still no luck. Waiting the 24-48 hours for their support system!rolleyes1.gif

Is your tablet supposed to work on a mac??? Did the package say Win/Mac supported/compatable or something similar?
    If not then it probably is not compatablene_nau.gifcry:cry
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited March 6, 2009
    I've been all over the website, it's a wacom, a graphire model though, so it's one of the discontinued ones. There is a section for faq's on the site, and this is one of the popular questions, it says to uninstall the hardware and then reinstall, I've tried a number of different things, it's wierd because it will find it, and connect to it, but it's like it can't quite determin what it's supposed to be...I don't get it, but I'll post once I hear back from the tech support! rolleyes1.gif
    edited March 6, 2009
    cdonovan wrote:
    I've been all over the website, it's a wacom, a graphire model though, so it's one of the discontinued ones. There is a section for faq's on the site, and this is one of the popular questions, it says to uninstall the hardware and then reinstall, I've tried a number of different things, it's wierd because it will find it, and connect to it, but it's like it can't quite determin what it's supposed to be...I don't get it, but I'll post once I hear back from the tech support! rolleyes1.gif

I know this sounds strange..........but where does the mouse reside in relation to the tablet/pen when in use? I have found that if my trackball is close by it confuses the tablet .............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited March 7, 2009
    Well, it's always right in front of me, I'll try to hide it! :D
    edited March 7, 2009
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

When you get it figured out let us know so we can avoid the prob. :D:D:D

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Are you connecting through a USB hub or directly to your Mac? I have had problems with using non powered USB hubs causing my Tablet and other ancillary devices not fuction. So if you are using a hub, use it powered.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited March 10, 2009
    I'm connected through bluetoothne_nau.gif

Anyway, happy ending, I hid my "plugged in" mouse and voila, it found the tablet! I'm soo excited to have it again!:D
    edited March 10, 2009
    cdonovan wrote:
    I'm connected through bluetoothne_nau.gif

Anyway, happy ending, I hid my "plugged in" mouse and voila, it found the tablet! I'm soo excited to have it again!:D

I will never say I told ya sooooooooooooooorolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Go glad you are now able to use your tablet......

edited March 10, 2009
    That's ok, you can say it 100 times, I'm just so darn happy to have it back!!!

My "customer service" response came today, quoting the website, which I indicated that I'd tried and couldn't get to work. i replied and suggested that they add your piece of advice, as I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to! Thanks again! My clients thank you too! I a mess with out my tablet! c:
    edited March 10, 2009
    cdonovan wrote:
    That's ok, you can say it 100 times, I'm just so darn happy to have it back!!!

My "customer service" response came today, quoting the website, which I indicated that I'd tried and couldn't get to work. i replied and suggested that they add your piece of advice, as I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to! Thanks again! My clients thank you too! I a mess with out my tablet! c:

It still happens to me as I will actuall sit all neatly on the right hand side of the tablet so I can reach it easily and all of a sudden I cursing the whole thing cause the pen won't write and then it dawns on me to move the trackball over another 6" and violla.....all works again.......

edited March 16, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    It still happens to me as I will actuall sit all neatly on the right hand side of the tablet so I can reach it easily and all of a sudden I cursing the whole thing cause the pen won't write and then it dawns on me to move the trackball over another 6" and violla.....all works again.......

:cry I could scream. Same thing all over again, this time hiding the other mouse doesn't work. I'm ready to pull my hair out. I hate it when things don't work the way they are supposed to. :bash
    edited March 19, 2009
    apparently, batteries also interfere. The battery in the tablet to be exact. I always use the power source, so no big deal, but it won't work unless I take out the battery!ne_nau.gif