A different kind of shoot for me

PerflectionsPerflections Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited March 5, 2009 in People
Hi Everyone,

I just did a shoot last weekend and want some feedback. They loved their pics, but I also know that I can use a lot of cc and can definately get much better. Here are a couple:

[IMG][/img]http://perflections.smugmug.com/photos/483545078_8SguC-L.jpg

485124301_qG3qJ-L.jpg

[IMG][/img]http://perflections.smugmug.com/photos/483545095_nEzc2-L.jpg

483545095_nEzc2-L.jpg
~Jess Cleveland~
Perflections Photography
www.perflectionsphotography.com
Canon 40D
Canon EOS XTi

Comments

• PerflectionsPerflections Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    For some reason, your IMG tags aren't showing the photos. On top of that, #2 and #4 don't even have links...

And the links you provided don't link to a photo. Just a blank page. I'm guessing there was an error in the copy and paste in the link... Check that.

Let's try again:

483545095_nEzc2-M.jpg

483545078_8SguC-M.jpg

483544005_tCU98-M.jpg

485124301_qG3qJ-M.jpg
    ~Jess Cleveland~
    Perflections Photography
    Canon 40D
    Canon EOS XTi
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    interesting shots/poses. They do seem a bit soft though when I looked at closeup
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited March 4, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    interesting shots/poses. They do seem a bit soft though when I looked at closeup

Thanks! I think the softness is my lens. I need new lenses. I have heard that I need faster glass. Hopefully I will be able to find a good lens at a decent price.
    ~Jess Cleveland~
    Perflections Photography
    Canon 40D
    Canon EOS XTi
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 5, 2009
    Mod note: I deleted a bunch of posts about the pics not showing--problem fixed.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    I agree they are very soft, I also and not too fond of all the things that are cut off. None of the pictures I can see have a whole person or thing. Ie: feet, shoes, fingers, hands, arms, the bottom of the mask stick all are cut off in the crop. On a positive not you have some nice posing ideas. Maybe you just don't have the room or the right lens to pull it all together? But what it all comes down to is the customer and if they loved the pictures then that says it all!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
    edited March 5, 2009
    I agree they are very soft, I also and not too fond of all the things that are cut off. None of the pictures I can see have a whole person or thing. Ie: feet, shoes, fingers, hands, arms, the bottom of the mask stick all are cut off in the crop. On a positive not you have some nice posing ideas. Maybe you just don't have the room or the right lens to pull it all together? But what it all comes down to is the customer and if they loved the pictures then that says it all!

I do have a lot of of missing limbs I know. The one of her hands and feet alone were origanlly full and nothing cut, but she asked me to cut it. The others were my croping. I do have some descent ones without missing limbs. I will definately keep in mind and not crop out as much during shooting and editing. I do definately need another lens. I am still trying to figure that all out. I want a couple and they are pricey so...you know, one thing at a time :) Do you have any cc on lighting and exposer, contrast? I am definately looking for some cc!
    ~Jess Cleveland~
    Perflections Photography
    Canon 40D
    Canon EOS XTi