Not sure if this qualifies

GeezershooterGeezershooter Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited March 7, 2009 in Sports
Horse pulling contest. This is a heavyweight team.

Tom

http://geezershooter.smugmug.com/photos/485171972_kvTD5-L.jpg
Tom :thumb

Comments

• KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    Looks like an athletic competition to me.

Is the horse on the far side cutting his eye over to see what you're shooting; or am I just imaging that?

Welcome to DGrin.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • GeezershooterGeezershooter Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    I don't think so
    I am just one of a whole lot of people watching and these guys are really into this business. I really enjoy going to these.

Tom
  • clcoroniosclcoronios Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Certainly qualifies in MY book. That's a nice shot - shows the power, the team is in stride. Good job!!

Here's a link (maybe, if I can figure out how to do this) to a GREAT article on a friend/photographer colleague of mine who raises & shows Percherons in the Percheron magazine.

www.utopiapercherons.com

Carol
    Carol Lynn Coronios
    As You Like It Productions
    Equine photography in the northeast
    Chatham, NY
  • GeezershooterGeezershooter Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Horse pulling
    The Percherons are beautiful.. I really like all the large breeds. There is a Clydesdale farm near where my family lives in northern Indiana.
    Almost all of the horses in pulling are Belgians. An awful lot of them come from an Amish farm in southern Indiana.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    It fits the sports forum for me, nice picture, although I would of liked to see what they were trying to pull.

Tim