My first pic post - Mexico Indian Grandmother

GventureGventure Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited March 6, 2009 in People
486296390_EVaA8-L.jpg

Thanks everyone -I finally got the photo linked correctly. Some buddies and I took three weeks to ride motorcycles through the out back of Chihuahua - we had no set plan just three weeks, some maps, and motorcyles. We found this really cool bluff over looking a valley so we rode up and got off the bikes - when we turned around this women came walking up with her grandson on her back. She walked right into the middle of us and sat down, never saying a word or looking at us, and unwrapped some necklaces to sell. I asked her if I could take some pictures and she nodded yes without really looking at me (she made almost no eye contact, as do most female indians, but the boy stared at me the whole time). I found the shoot to be tough - she was under a tree thus shaded yet the background was brightly sunlit. In the end, the background was blown out but at the time, not wanting to inconvenience her too much, I took the opportunity as it presented itself and snapped a few quick shots. This one picture, while not technically good, is my favorite from the whole trip. I still have the two necklaces I bought from her.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 5, 2009
    Hi G. Take a look at this link for help with posting: How To Post on Dgrin
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Very nice photo! iloveyou.gif Would love to see more from your trip clap.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Gventure wrote:
    sorry- I give up. I've resized this photo 10 times in PS and SmugMug and I just don't get it - I can't make it bigger. I give up.
    wave.gif - Welcome to the party!

Don't resize it. Upload your full sized image. Let SM do the conversions to Th, S, M, L, XL, XL3, etc for you - that's what you pay them for. Then, modify the link above to point to the size of the image you want to include here.
  • GventureGventure Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    wave.gif - Welcome to the party!

Don't resize it. Upload your full sized image. Let SM do the conversions to Th, S, M, L, XL, XL3, etc for you - that's what you pay them for. Then, modify the link above to point to the size of the image you want to include here.

Thanks Scott - I'll try that tonight.

Gavin
  • GventureGventure Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    post moved to first post in thread