Challenge 39- A little torn...

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited May 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am not sure which pic to submit. For starters, here is a color version of a pic. Then I'll post the B&W version, and then my last pic is a different pic altogether..

the settings are:

DMC-FZ10: F8, 1/200, ISO 50, 6mm (equiv to 36mm on a 35mm lens)
the image was taken on 3-21-05

I cropped it a bit to increase impact. No other alterations on the color version.

MainFragger

Comments

• MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    For the B&W version the settings are:

DMC-FZ10: F8, 1/200, ISO 50, 6mm (equiv to 36mm on a 35mm lens)
    the image was taken on 3-21-05

I cropped it a bit to increase impact. I rotated it a hair, converted to greyscale, and then colorized a little to give it a more silvery/blueish look. my eyes are starting to droop on me here, so I didn't notice if editing was allowed, if not, I will also provide the original image so it can be seen as well.

MainFragger
    edited May 28, 2005
    Prom Rainbow
    This is a rainbow that I captured at the Pennsburry Prom (They had a huge parade in which the students do their best to outdo eachother in the most outrageous vehicle arrival...what a sight).

DMC-FZ10: F3.7, 1/1000, 22mm (equiv. to 132mm on a 35mm camera) 5-21-05, cropped for impact.

MainFragger
    edited May 28, 2005
    Original Cloud shot unedited, just resized...
    The settings are still the same, there is no editing here other than resizing for upload.

MainFragger
  • JazzyJakJazzyJak Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    For what it's worth I think I like the second one the best. Definetly has the most impact of the series.
    Diving headfirst into photography!
    www.cloningerimagery.com
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 28, 2005
    the black and white one, TOTALLY. it just shows so much more and has such a large impact.

like the color one, i was like ehh, big deal, but when i saw that black and white one i was like WHOA. definitely choose it. it's awesome.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    B&W 15524779-Ti.gif
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    The B&W has a much more dramatic effect than the color. The rainbow one has too many distractions....