Special Efffect Band Shoots..

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited May 28, 2005 in People
This is one of a few shots I'll post over today and tomorrow.

Guitarrist from Breath of Life really rockin' out at a Heavy Metal against Breast Cancer benefit at the Pirate's Den in NJ.

DMC-FZ10: F8.0, 4 secs, ISO 100, I let the camera trigger the flash first curtain, rotated my camera a little, and self triggered the flash a second time as soon as it was ready. Technically, this images was colorful enough as is, but I couldn't resist upping the saturation a bit to bring the colors out even more.

MainFragger

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 28, 2005
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    i shoot bands a lot and i personally am not a big fan of shooting long exposures to get those really blurred effects. i like to get a little motion blur or trail, but i don't do those crazy ones. don't get me wrong, you can get great shots with it, it's not a bad technique, it's just not my style. that said, i think this shot is good, but needs a crop. i think the top and right side of the picture should be cropped out because there is nothing interesting there, all of the good colors and lights are on the bottom left. i also like the facial expression. i hope this helps
  • MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    As promised..more special fx
    This is done with a Cokin speed filter. This is a picture from the Independant Music Conferance Party v.2. The singer is Natalya. She has a russian accent, until she sings...Then you'd never know she's not from the good ole USA.
    edited May 28, 2005
    Natalya Speed Filter variation..
    This is a closer shot taken with the same speed filter.
    edited May 28, 2005
    Natalia Multishot
    This is using a Cokin multi-shot filter.
    edited May 28, 2005
    Showin' Tell with multi
    This is the band Showin'Tell at the same party...