My favorite new picture of my son

Big MikeBig Mike Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited March 9, 2009 in People
I have been trying hard to work on my composition with my pictures.....this is my new favorite picture. Technically, it may not be the best (I am not expert), I love this picture.

What do you guys think?

IMG_6397bw.jpg

This is also one of my favorites.....

IMG_6557.jpg

Comments

• GventureGventure Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    I love it
    Mike - there are technical aspects of a photograph then there are the emotional aspects - the first photo is just plain great from an emotional aspect - that's the one you need to blow up big and put on your wall - no one will ever say "well, yea, but the highlights right here are blown out" - they'll just laugh and say "Man that is a great picture!".

G

(and for the record - I think the technical aspects are great as well)
  • imonkimonk Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    Laughing.gif I love both of these :) They're perfect!clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • DustiferDustifer Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    They're both great, but I especially like the first one. His face is so expressive-it's a real keeperclap.gif
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    -Mark Twain

http://dustifer.smugmug.com/
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    #1 GREAT!! that one has to go on the wall!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Tooo cute! clap.gif
  • Big MikeBig Mike Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Thank you for the compliments. Lately I have been focusing on making my pictures better technically, but I guess that is not all that makes a good picture.
  • JPerkinsJPerkins Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Big Mike wrote:
    Thank you for the compliments. Lately I have been focusing on making my pictures better technically, but I guess that is not all that makes a good picture.

That's a cute kid and I'm thinking that pic is a total keeper.
  • JaroJaro Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Did the baby just come from the bath? His expression is adorable and he is adorable too! You did a terrific job capturing the moment. I can see your reflection a bit in his eyes which distracts me just a wee bit. However, if I saw this on the wall I would love it!!! clap.gif
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    very nice dido on all the comment's.
  • Big MikeBig Mike Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Jaro wrote:
    Did the baby just come from the bath? His expression is adorable and he is adorable too! You did a terrific job capturing the moment. I can see your reflection a bit in his eyes which distracts me just a wee bit. However, if I saw this on the wall I would love it!!! clap.gif

Yes, he was sitting on his changing table after getting a bath (his favorite thing in the world).